Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoop replacment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:56am
PFLY, I am inclined to maybe agree, I had Rhino/ES18 last year, the reason I stopped and went elswhere was to get away from 4 way. It did however play a wedding outdoors very nicely.

Anyhow, it seems the discussion moved forward, which is always a good thing, stagnation in a forum/community is a bad thing.
One quote keeps springing to mind though, it was something Tony ASS said about refusing to believe that a few mm here, and a few mm there could change much (he then explaied technicaly). He said build quality/bracing was paramount. It was this info that made me say, "Oh no not again" when the, "who makes the best scoop" nonsense started again, it just doesn't go anywhere or move forward.
 Only an opinion, if said people want to say/do the same things over and over I should but out, damn, I even contributed to that threadEmbarrassed

Peace to all.

It just is.
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:53am
soooo, who does build the best scoop??

LOL
LOL
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:29pm
I understand what you're saying but to me my post was not 'nonsense' or a question of 'who makes the best scoop'. People spend alot of hard earned money on bits of wood glued and screwed together including myself, and thought as there are alot of 'new scoops' out there at the moment i thought it would be good to see how people rate what so people including myself can get some sort of idea as to what might be a good buy, what scoop/driver combinations people like etc. Lots of different opinions and views from different people can build somewhat of a picture or understanding as it's not always easy to hear for yourself.
I agree there's lots of other sub enclosures out there and i would be more than happy to hear a sound use something other than a scoop and hear the difference. Smile Would love to be ina room and hear 3/4 sounds using a different sub box to the other sound playing reggae. (all forms not just roots)
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:40pm
Agreed 100%. Excuse my ignorance with the term roots, just a generalisation on my part.
Still think Tony ASS has a very real point though, are these differences really due to small design changes or much more likely due to the Pre amp/experience/setup/recording/venue..........

It just is.
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

I understand what you're saying but to me my post was not 'nonsense' or a question of 'who makes the best scoop'. People spend alot of hard earned money on bits of wood glued and screwed together including myself, and thought as there are alot of 'new scoops' out there at the moment i thought it would be good to see how people rate what so people including myself can get some sort of idea as to what might be a good buy, what scoop/driver combinations people like etc. Lots of different opinions and views from different people can build somewhat of a picture or understanding as it's not always easy to hear for yourself.

+1

as I say before if people dont like scoop why they post in scoop section or even start thread bout scoop replacement makes no sense
why people who dont go any roots session think they are scoop expert when roots session is place most scoop use and new scoops drivers is designed for them

Originally posted by JDCutta JDCutta wrote:

soooo, who does build the best scoop??

LOL
LOL

overall best 1850 scoop ever make is ASS them set the standard
them too heavy or too expensive for some soundman so them get something else
if Tony make custom turbomax 1200 scoop everbody turbomax scoop will try match dat

Edited by YoungBlood - 09 January 2011 at 1:52pm
"chyll wynstan.."
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:01pm
YB, Roots culture do not own Scoop design.
Why so blinkered, there is life outside of your chosen path.
So because I don't go to roots session I cannot comment.
Wars were won to stop exactly this mentality, why do you see it as threat/dis/put down?
Take the blinkers off man.
It just is.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:26pm
This is a very good debate, it gives a different prospectus to how others view what their musical equipment (boxes) is about & how they feel others should follow them, as I said before, this is a good debate, keep it coming guys, debating is good...............Geek   
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

YB, Roots culture do not own Scoop design.
Why so blinkered, there is life outside of your chosen path.
So because I don't go to roots session I cannot comment.
Wars were won to stop exactly this mentality, why do you see it as threat/dis/put down?
Take the blinkers off man.

people choose what sub them want use for music they play
some people choose folded horn or reflex for drum and bass or jungle
some people choose scoop for roots reggae or dancehall reggae or soca

you dont even go roots session go see and hear what 8x scoop with proper amp and engineer can really do so who are you to tell people scoop need replacment when pd and rmj are still release new scoop driver and Tony is still release different model scoop?

maybe you need go hear shanti and operation and touch above or go carnival and hear jah tubby scoop outside.. LOL

"chyll wynstan.."
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:38pm
Why do I get the feeling that someone will be bringing up the F1 vs scoops thing at Brixton Town Hall soon.....

Seriously though, why so much hostility? Debate the boxes, not who is allowed to comment on them.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:38pm

The best of all debates, is a debate about, how to make the best scoop! Approve

Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that someone will be bringing up the F1 vs scoops thing at Brixton Town Hall soon.....

Seriously though, why so much hostility? Debate the boxes, not who is allowed to comment on them.

http://forum.speakerplans.com/70k-funktion-One-rig-brixton-12-12-08_topic22088_page6.html

Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Originally posted by Resolution Resolution wrote:

Respect is due to Ren and his system, they were playing CDs, so no feedback problems with the sprung dance floor. Music was well chosen and mixed beautifully to make the best of the system which certainly had very impressive bass, to get this from 4 x 18" scoops a side was stunning to say the least. These boxes seem to work incredibly well with the music played, I don't believe they're mostly harmonic distortion but being 3ft from one stack all night I was happy to have my earplugs with me. I believe they are tuned to a fairly narrow band which works well for certain types of music but in their band they are very efficient.

Newsh

All rise and hail......

The legendary Newsh has entered the arena.

somehow think most roots man will agree with robert newsham not "builder" on this one LOL

Edited by YoungBlood - 09 January 2011 at 2:55pm
"chyll wynstan.."
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Does any, "sound" run without scoops?

King Earthquake uses 21" Rog Mogale designed front-loaded horns:

the arent 21" loaded Wink

they were built & designed by Rog & Shortman together when they used to be part of the same company Wink

Originally posted by Nick Sasquash Nick Sasquash wrote:

But even if you do get a double 18" playing better than a single scoop the double 18" still takes twice the power Stern Smile 
 x2 double 18" or 4 scoops is just simply NO competition.... now 4 double 18" maybe could out play for scoops but then ya still moving the same amont of boxes but twice the amount of drivers & almost twice the expense! Ermm
I will take my x4 18" scoops every time Heart

right behind you on that nick ClapThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>