Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoop replacment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

what do we need to improve about the top 5 scoops and what type of music would be played ? live music or recorded ? 2 way bass or 1 way ?

Depending on how you like your sub to be heard/felt, depending on what scoop and driver combination you use the answer to that question could quite simply be nothing at all. There are lots of scoops out there right now and if a driver doesn't sound how you'd like it to in one i'm sure there is another scoop that's perfect for it. All depends what driver you want to use in the scoop to determine if you think it needs improving, but again there will be another scoop ideal for it no doubt. Just my little bit.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 2:09pm
so it looks like scoops are perfect for there application then ?
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 2:50pm
Aslong as the owner of the sound thinks so and the people that listen to the sound enjoy it and have no complains then why not Thumbs Up Same goes to any design box for that matter. We all know technically what boxes are better suited to what but at the end of the day if everybody involved in a sound is happy with what they run an so is there crowd then it's all good in my opinion.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
sonofalesbian View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofalesbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:17pm
i actualy replaced my horn loaded subs with scoops!
they give a great amount of bass for little money (which is the key factor for me at the moment)
what some people call wasted wood, i actualy see it as an enclosure that gets the most out of a single driver, saving me money on not only drivers but amplifiers too!

if size is an issue for some, then mini scoops also perform very well!
www.brotherhoodsoundsystem.co.uk
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:56am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

all this is quite easily cleared up by the picture in the show of your system thread, pic shows earthqakes boxes being built and has shortman and rog standing side by side Smile
The only person who can definately confirm that is Rog is the person who took the photo or Rog.
Rog said its not him which leaves the man who took the photo . Also what company did they both work for b4 Tweet's? Just asking out of interest. Back on topic, its horses for courses.
It all depends on the application what speakers sound best. For Roots/Dub music scoops are the no.1 choice for soundmen, for dance music people love their 1850 style horns and for Bhangra music nuff Dj's love t18's.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:32pm

Oh yeah forgot to add for true sub bass scoops are irreplaceable!!!!!!!!!

LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

so it looks like scoops are perfect for there application then ?

id say so yeh

Originally posted by Nitz V1505 Nitz V1505 wrote:

Oh yeah forgot to add for true sub bass scoops are irreplaceable!!!!!!!!!

Clap

the both opened Void together Wink
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by sonofalesbian sonofalesbian wrote:

Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

4x 18" ass stand up to earthquake 4x 24" horn cab easy so what that tell you?

If K/Earthquake changed too will his system still conquer but at a lower sub level?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by sonofalesbian sonofalesbian wrote:

Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

4x 18" ass stand up to earthquake 4x 24" horn cab easy so what that tell you?

If K/Earthquake changed too will his system still conquer but at a lower sub level?

if KE changed back to his old preamp then NOBODYS 1850 + box combo will touch him, trust me on that !!!  Wink
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:29pm
i have only ever heard KE be sort of matched with 1 scoop combo,
21 super and tmax 1500 absolutly silly man!!!!!!tho it didnt pLay all the notes of the folded horns it did drop very looooww in deed!!!!

Edited by paulus - 11 January 2011 at 4:31pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

i have only ever heard KE be sort of matched with 1 scoop combo,
21 super and tmax 1500 absolutly silly man!!!!!!tho it didnt pLay all the notes of the folded horns it did drop very looooww in deed!!!!

Nice one! Some pics or youtube maybe?
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 7:35pm

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>