Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoops with Eminence Kilomax 18s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 1:50am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

IIRC Planar Wave Horn might work.  Shame to miss out on a good price, can't you borrow a scoop and driver to see if something magic happens? What sort of music?

They might have other models as well. I really like the look of the Hogs and this project Im working will benefit from a neat look.
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:13am
since I was looking forward to the $100 each and will probably go the Omega Pro route,,, If I did 
3-18 hog scoops
2-HD15s
2-mt130s
--on each side, outdoors 

as apposed to 4-18s each side How bad would my bottom end be?
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 9:59am
XMax of Omega very low. careful how you drive. Sigma has better xmax and is known to work in some scoops, but only 3" coil.  Bottom line is Emmi don't really have the product for you.
It's everything, not everythink!
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 3:25pm

XMax of Omega very low. careful how you drive. Sigma has better xmax and is known to work in some scoops, but only 3" coil.  Bottom line is Emmi don't really have the product for you.
+1
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by sn95 sn95 wrote:

+1

Really? Even though they brought out a scoop design book many years ago they don't have 1 driver that is useful??

...strange....
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 3:52pm
That book was originally Fane afaik, plenty of options back then.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

+1

Really? Even though they brought out a scoop design book many years ago they don't have 1 driver that is useful??

...strange....

Yes, years ago, listen to 80,s Reggae, bass guitar etc not compressed 40hz mayhem. That designs suggested drivers were from a world gone by. Cue pedant quoting 80,s 40hz track, but you get my drift.

EDIT: Cue not Que. Alcohol !!!

Edited by nickyburnell - 07 October 2017 at 11:36pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:29pm
Fair play... just thought they would keep at least designing knowing that the scoop was still a very active cab.

...yes fane wrote one too

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:37pm
Niche market, Emmi money in OEM
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 5:48pm

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

+1

...strange....

Yes, years ago, listen to 80,s Reggae, bass guitar etc not compressed 40hz mayhem. That designs suggested drivers were from a world gone by. Que pedant quoting 80,s 40hz track, but you get my drift.

Yeah, nearly took the bait lol.....

Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by tkroeker tkroeker wrote:

since I was looking forward to the $100 each and will probably go the Omega Pro route,,, If I did 
3-18 hog scoops
2-HD15s
2-mt130s
--on each side, outdoors 

as apposed to 4-18s each side How bad would my bottom end be?

I can confirm that Omega 15's work VERY well in the HD15, very loud, very punchy, well defined bass and they go lower than you would expect in a group of four or more. Can't help in regards to using the 18's in scoops as I've never used an Omega 18 or a scoop! Smile
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:46pm
I don't know how to map cone excursion in Hornsrep for a scoop (should learn), I can do Bass Box Pro for reflex so understand the principles. I would presume the xmax would be a big issue with modern music in a scoop with an Omega and that Eminence really don't care about the niche market that is scoops?
However if the Gods are smiling the Kilomax has the travel, gotta be worth 100 dollars to have a play in a small chamber? Can always sell it and get 50% of your money back.
 Lev mentioned the Sigma years ago, keep it under control is the secret to all of these I would think?
Make sawdust and break the rules!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>