Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SD 18 EL sounds great with 186

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SD 18 EL sounds great with 186
    Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:32am
Ordered 4 sd 18 el to replace the T&T in my 186 bins, see the difference

But we need to wash the bins first, a lot of mud

The beast with  beast

Exited how will it be fitted with 186

Luckily bolt hole circle of sd18el is just few mm bigger than the T&T, just modify the holes a bit (drilled the driver's bolt holes with a slot inward. It will gonna a problem if we modify the box.

Finally they are in.

Now on the open field gig 2 days after. The upper 186 was not connected, its was there to elevate the midtop. The bottom ones are the real deal

Around 1000 people were there

It sounds pretty much loud and heavy in these area with four 186-sd18el

Im happy now..Big smile

PS.
I was looking for spare  snake cables, well..  I found one, I just dont know if it will work..

Edited by streetsounds - 29 July 2009 at 5:04am
Bass matters...
Edward James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 4:21am
How much the snake cable????
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Edward James Edward James wrote:

How much the snake cable????

which one?
Bass matters...
Edward James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 6:12am
the big one  streetsound...how much the price of the P audio?? Where did you buy it??? At your location in the batangas?????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 1:39am

I ordered them from  Music Box the official distributor of PAudio in the country through Xstatic their dealer in the South of Manila . I paid P13500 net each.

Bass matters...
zrols View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:51am
a newbie here. How big is the difference of performance between your old driver (T&T) and P Audio? Lately, i asked the distributor about the rpice of SD 18 - it is now 15,500 Php. He warned me, next year might even go up to 16 + Php. I have read somewhere that the T&T, your old driver, was a double magnet, double spider speaker, and it comes from China. Right? is it really that bad in an 186 bin? and what if used in CV AB36, or an WSX? regards ( im from phil south). ps. what are the midtops you are using?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 12:32pm
Welcome in speakerplans. T&T performs good in 186, its only just that these bins need a more powerful driver..to maximize its potential I would say so. For the performance between T&T and SD18EL, its really noticeable (600w vs 1000w) and the draw back is you have to upgrade your amp if your amp is just enough for a 600 watts driver.

I dont know yet how would this driver sounds with WSX and CV boxes. I think some the thread here got a simulation of this SD 18EL with SL 36/ EL 36. I think this will also sound heavy if not heavier in WSX.

For my midtops I used pretty similar to MT 122, a dual 12 (PAudio C12500MB) and P Audio PADE99 driver between mids. Pretty clean and powerful.

Edited by streetsounds - 25 September 2009 at 12:40pm
Bass matters...
 Post Reply Post Reply