Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Share good & bad stories with amps from China

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digidesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Share good & bad stories with amps from China
    Posted: 24 January 2021 at 7:48pm
Hi,

I found myself in a situation where I need to find a cheap way to power a bunch of stage monitors so I started looking into the idea of possibly buying my amps from China. 

If you care to share your success or fail stories, that would be nice as it's pretty hard to understand who is who in China amp scene.

Thanks!
Turbomax55* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbomax55* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 3:25am
True i agree ... But if china labels say made in china could be mixing the word up made & assemble or does made & assemble means more an less 

the same ting lol eg QSC companyis established USA gone global & expandthey have business in China too !  Warehouse too products
intereact  

Confuseddon't believe the hype believe the facts lol 

With all the trashing China as been getting over the years i wonder have they stepped up !

MADE IN CHINA / ASSEMBLED IN CHINA  Ouch
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 2:13pm
China is more than capable of producing high quality products, all the major electronics brands have most or all of thier products partially or completely manufactured there now. The market for audio amplifiers is no different in China than it is anywhere else, you get what you pay for. So it's foolish to think that $150 amp from Aliexpress is equivalent to the $1500 brand name one it appears to copy, the only thing similar will be the exterior case... inside you will find a cheap chipamp. But that isn't the case for everything.

China started this adventure by copying major brands, but they have been at it long enough now that some original designs are emerging, have a look for the CVR series of amplifiers, these produce big power and have been in a hit in some markets. You will notice these aren't priced super cheap on Ebay.. you have to spend some real money which will make some people hesitant to buy. Part of that price is a markup from domenstic suppliers, it is possible to get the same amp direct from china and eliminate the middleman but that will take some research. 
 Post Reply Post Reply