Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 8:52pm
Been a while since we had so much fun doing a show. Proper party peeps .  2x R2a.   5 x 218 asymmetric setup

Edited by 4D - 11 January 2019 at 8:55pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:01am
Soca VS Reggae Aug 2018
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2019 at 12:41am
Built a couple of new high mids on the weekend, still waiting for the grills to arrive, taking it all out in 10 days for a dance with Dub FX, J-Star, Digital Afrika & Housewife's Choice. Going to be good getting to run the whole rig again.

Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2019 at 12:44am
What are all the crossover points for these?
Thanks
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2019 at 1:15am
Originally posted by tkroeker tkroeker wrote:

What are all the crossover points for these?
Thanks

I've posted them many times before, the sub HPF is 48db BW, all others are 24db L-R.

Sub - 32hz to 77hz
Kick - 77hz to 154hz
Low Mid - 154hz to 800hz
high mid - 800hz to 20khz
tops - 4khz to 20khz
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
tkroeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkroeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2019 at 1:36am
Sorry for asking
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2019 at 12:38pm
Something different, and I bet it doesn't get half as much grief from the rossers about noise nuisance...

Finally finished this for the FBU, and they have just popped around to integrate TV sound to the PA.

100V Line amp drives two forward facing 50W DNH Music Horns, and two further horns in rear. Crown does 4 EV 1x15" Full Range, which are either mounted on top, on spigots, or around on stands, either patched from NL4 in water proof flapped boxes integrated in vehicle, or from longer extension patch cables. Amp rack is removable for ad hoc use away from vehicle. Integrated radio mics with local or remote antennae, and the 3 other aerials are for wifi/ipad app control of A&H QuPac app.

Then from laptop, feeds to drive a couple of small TVs, with audio also fed to QuPac, as well as music from a BT receiver, USB stick stored music, or anything else.

The rear doors open to reveal a staircase up to the top, and then banisters fold up, to create a fully barriered top stage deck! Top of stairs has a hatch to top deck, that folds open/closed to form a complete stage, with no drop hazards.

All can be operated static, or as a float in a procession/carnival mode.

Everything works off a huge bank of batteries with inverters to 240V 50Hz, and off of engine, if on. All lights, sirens and usual fire engine specials have been retained, apart from the pumps and water storage!

All storage cubby holes are bespokely tailored to retain stuff perfectly! The rear seats fold up to reveal a bed for overnights, along with blackout drapes!

Bit of fun...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:50am
Just (almost) finished my tiny "table top" sound system.   4"+ 1" soft dome tops and 2 x 4" subwoofer tuned flat down to 50Hz.
My goal was to make smooth, neutral sounding speakers with good bass reproduction.  And they do it pretty well, pleasure to listen.. :)

Crossovers (prototypes), 12db/oct. Some tiny fine tuning required before final assembly inside the enclosures. 

Short video

Edited by Tonskulus - 09 February 2019 at 11:06am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 3:42pm
@Tonskulus, really impressed with the sound on that little video,so clear and precise. Well done Sir!
Be seeing you.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 4:18pm
@Tonskulus - Very nice project, interesting 4" drivers, what are they?

Only possible minor issue, the "steel" screw in the round inductor, may work like an iron core? Or is the inductor former actually "iron" anyway, rather than the dark plastic that it looks like? Perhaps use a nylon nut/bolt with hot glue to retain it?

You mention it is a prototype, and I don't know if it would actually have an audible effect, but might do?

Apart from that, looks rather fun!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Only possible minor issue, the "steel" screw in the round inductor, may work like an iron core? Or is the inductor former actually "iron" anyway, rather than the dark plastic that it looks like? Perhaps use a nylon nut/bolt with hot glue to retain it?

Looks like a nice little system.

I agree with Matt's comment on the crossovers. The steel screw will increase the inductance of that coil. It really should be replaced with a brass woodscrew - they are readily available.

I presume the resistors are hot-glued to the panel. Depending on how much power you are using, they may may get hot enough to melt the glue and fall off. So it may be a good idea to find some solder tags, screw them to the panel, and use them as tie points for the connections.

HTH
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 4:21pm
Thank you! Yes, I know steel screws are absolutely no no when it comes to crossover coils.  This particular coil is ferrite core -type, final assembly will be without screws.  Resistors are just fine @ hot glued, they will never get even warm at the power levels used.

Audyn capacitors do what they are supposed to do, as well as almost any standard polypropylene/film capacitors. Not much audible difference if at all.  Almost any film/foil cap is just fine, bipolar electrolytics not so good as they get lossy at high frequencies, did some measurements/comparsion.

Yesterday I fired up my hogs again just for fun, had to test my Bose entero 4400 amp (4ch, 2x900wrms/8ohm bridged) which is actually really good for sub duty, as it is! Much more aggressive and precise than some of my old QSC amps.   Absolutely dangerous stuff in living room!

Edited by Tonskulus - 10 February 2019 at 4:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 95>