Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Hvedstrup Hvedstrup wrote:

The client gets what the client asks and PAYS for. 

Actually D&B saves me money. The setup/take down time is much less than with my former huge old fashioned systems. I can bring much less, draw less power and charge more with these systems. It's no Floodlight but actually sounds pretty good and gets every job done. 

my bad humour doesn't really come across well on here does it? I love the D&B smaller stuff, as you say loads of give from a little rig. I feel ya with what the client pays for.... im turning down 80% of inquiries at the moment as its just not worth missing sleep for!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 1:02am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

they look truely awsome Genome

Thanks

I messed up with the delay compensation. There were some values in ms didnt realize it.
Now it looks like this:

And crossover starts to sound nice.
Setup:

Vocal:

Kick:

Still plenty of work left on low mid.
I am also getting to conclusions that any sort of REW measurements in the room are a total dumbness

You just need to learn to window the measurement to make it anechoic
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

they look truely awsome Genome

Thanks

I messed up with the delay compensation. There were some values in ms didnt realize it.
Now it looks like this:

And crossover starts to sound nice.
Setup:

Vocal:

Kick:

Still plenty of work left on low mid.
I am also getting to conclusions that any sort of REW measurements in the room are a total dumbness

Vocals sounding very clear Genome and impressive kick from a single 8".
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 4:56pm
A bit of testing we did the other day.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 6:32pm
Looks warm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:10pm
We froze completely. It was about -9 and windy.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 3:56pm

What do you mean?

I digged the old files:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KiQ_gyjr-cOEU30OoIv1ByubH1jt04Yb
Cant say for sure which of those sims it is but it should be very close. It could be even same sim with different mesh frequency.

I also love how they together sound on kick. 21"+8"

Edited by gen0me - 28 February 2018 at 3:58pm
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 4:11pm

What do you mean?

I digged the old files:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KiQ_gyjr-cOEU30OoIv1ByubH1jt04Yb
Cant say for sure which of those sims it is but it should be very close. It could be even same sim with different mesh frequency.

I also love how they together sound on kick. 21"+8"

You filter out the impulse response tail to keep reflections out of the measurement The exact method differs from software to software but first point of call is to measure your box ground plane, tilted down directly at the mic capsule, which is at a 45 degree angle on the floor in the nearfield of the cabinet under test.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 6:33pm
Do you know what's meant by the different named windowing options in eg Smaart 6 and ARTA? "Blackman", "Hanning", "Max Flat Top" etc. I don't think I've ever found a good explanation. Seems to me it should be a parameter you set in units of time, no?
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Do you know what's meant by the different named windowing options in eg Smaart 6 and ARTA? "Blackman", "Hanning", "Max Flat Top" etc. I don't think I've ever found a good explanation. Seems to me it should be a parameter you set in units of time, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_function
http://download.ni.com/evaluation/pxi/Understanding%20FFTs%20and%20Windowing.pdf

Flat top for sine waves, half-Hann for impulse measurements, Hann for most TF or Blackman for ‘advanced’ stuff. High-res or none for electronics - with 32k or higher fixed FFT instead of MTW or equivalent.

Edited by toastyghost - 28 February 2018 at 11:16pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

It's a window of coefficients that are pre-multiplied with the sampled data before FFT calculation. The basic idea is to prevent sharp discontinuities at the edges of the data affecting the result.

If you visit the wiki page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_function) and scroll down to list of functions, you get to see their effect on a single tone FFT in terms of shaping the noise spectrum.

It's one of those thing where there is no right answer all the time, but for a given application there is often a best one.
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 12:19pm

You filter out the impulse response tail to keep reflections out of the measurement The exact method differs from software to software but first point of call is to measure your box ground plane, tilted down directly at the mic capsule, which is at a 45 degree angle on the floor in the nearfield of the cabinet under test.

No, wrong way to do it as your software cannot compensate for baffle step that occurs in a ground plane measurement. So DUT 1.8m off the ground in free space and measurement mic between sources (if LF & HF), 1m out. Gate for the reflection from ground to DUT.

You never did get this bit did you Kyle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 95>