Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757677
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

How are those 'budget' CPC amps holding up Iain?

Mine are all still going strong, though the MTH30 / Mycro combo is run off a JAM 4 channel (have that and the crossover in a 3 way flight case) and saves me dragging 50kg of amps around LOL
2Kool4OldSkool
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 6:51pm

I had my newly built mini scoops out for the first time on Saturday for a halloween bash, they're Void V-18 1000 loaded and all I can say is wow, they ain't half low and loud!  

There was another stack not that you can really see it thanks to my poor picture taking skills.......

The other cabs are Turbo TSE-118 copies with unknown drivers, 12" mid flares loaded with Fane Studio 12L's and BMS 4550 1" comps.

Oh, and as the cheap Pulse amps have been mentioned, the 2100 I had now resides in the above venue powering four 18" reflex cabs, it's normally running just below clip for hours on end two or three nights a week and (so far) hasn't miss a beat. Smile
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 8:56am
After some delays in getting one of the amps repaired (dodgy firmware update), the amp rack is back together, and I popped the new mixer on top:

Which powers this lot:

Apologies for the lense distortion. The mains aren't actually splayed out there, but it looks like they are.

The mains are biamped:
18Sound ND1460 on RCF HF94 horns
2x Faital Pro 10FH520

Subs: Faital Pro 15HP1060 in compact reflex boxes tuned nice and low. They don't get particularly loud individually, but they do drop low. I just add more of them when I want it louder.

Chris

Edited by Chris Grimshaw - 05 November 2019 at 8:58am
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757677
  Share Topic