Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757677
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

How are those 'budget' CPC amps holding up Iain?

Mine are all still going strong, though the MTH30 / Mycro combo is run off a JAM 4 channel (have that and the crossover in a 3 way flight case) and saves me dragging 50kg of amps around LOL
2Kool4OldSkool
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 6:51pm

I had my newly built mini scoops out for the first time on Saturday for a halloween bash, they're Void V-18 1000 loaded and all I can say is wow, they ain't half low and loud!  

There was another stack not that you can really see it thanks to my poor picture taking skills.......

The other cabs are Turbo TSE-118 copies with unknown drivers, 12" mid flares loaded with Fane Studio 12L's and BMS 4550 1" comps.

Oh, and as the cheap Pulse amps have been mentioned, the 2100 I had now resides in the above venue powering four 18" reflex cabs, it's normally running just below clip for hours on end two or three nights a week and (so far) hasn't miss a beat. Smile
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 8:56am
After some delays in getting one of the amps repaired (dodgy firmware update), the amp rack is back together, and I popped the new mixer on top:

Which powers this lot:

Apologies for the lense distortion. The mains aren't actually splayed out there, but it looks like they are.

The mains are biamped:
18Sound ND1460 on RCF HF94 horns
2x Faital Pro 10FH520

Subs: Faital Pro 15HP1060 in compact reflex boxes tuned nice and low. They don't get particularly loud individually, but they do drop low. I just add more of them when I want it louder.

Chris

Edited by Chris Grimshaw - 05 November 2019 at 8:58am
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
Joew559 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joew559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 7:37pm

Edited by Joew559 - 29 November 2019 at 7:39pm
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2019 at 8:06am
Very nice Chris, and wise words, if I want it louder I add more cabs Smile
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2019 at 2:26pm
That's more or less the exact system I want to build next. 2x10 midtops and 15 bins make a lot of sense as a configuration, and that build looks really nice :) 

(But powered from EPC780's, as I happen to have a couple lying around and they are *luvverley* Wink)
Studio45 - Box Builder Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 5:12pm
Mala and a 'little' stack of Danley we took to Bristol Trinity the other week for Teachings in Dub weekender.

My 'lab' up in Glasgow last week with Martijn from A-Live...

And a little Fulcrum Acoustic install in a new speakeasy bar that launched this weekend.

Edited by toastyghost - 01 December 2019 at 5:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757677
  Share Topic