Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 95>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 9:15pm
Heart - well done Mykey!
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2020 at 10:10am
https://ibb.co/Qpnf4s5 -
Not as large as many here, I designed and built all the speakers.

3 Way MEH tops:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/335062-bm-d446-ph-4220-a.html
1*P-audio BM-D446
4*Faital pro 3FE25
1* Beyma 15 CM V2

Subs are double 15" isobaric bass reflex tuned to 27Hz:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/345807-isobaric-sub-based-pyle-plpw15d.html

Processing is Symetrix symnet with a crown cts4200 on the tops and 2*Yamaha P7000s on subs.
ubersafka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersafka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2020 at 2:53pm
Missing a few drivers but finished building 4 more subwoofers recently

https://www.instagram.com/sarre_soundsystem/

Edited by ubersafka - 16 September 2020 at 9:16am
Archi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 2:29am
Formosa Sound System based in Taiwan

Edited by Archi - 23 September 2020 at 3:50pm
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2020 at 8:35am
How do you find the 15cmv2? Looks pretty reasonable for mid-range but have never tried it.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2020 at 10:14am
The 15CMV2 is pretty decent for the price, I only paid £36 each for mine.  Obviously the magnet is a bit weaker than the more expensive woofers which results in a larger box and the frame is stamped rather than cast.  However in the range I use it (100 - 500Hz) its very Hi-Fi and I have never reached the limits of the driver with the CTS4200 that I drive them with.  
MarcoAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

4 x double 21" quakes
2 x BSW-K215's
4 x mid highs

All designed and built by myself... please note one of the middle hf horns was not turned on.
Awesome build....would loved to of heard itClap
MarcoAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 12:00am
[QUOTE=empiresoundsystem]
Nowt to write home about ATM, got this running at 8r off a TSA 4/700 - three 115's and a HMAPS12 reflex top. Going to be hopefully be getting three more from an install in London and refurbing them, aswell as refurbing another three for a fellow sound down in Worcester. I do like the sound of them. 
A welcome distraction from the main project of OTHorns and a 2x12 horn which has seen alot of umming and ahhing.
Second and third photos another side project called 'Crusting Crew', a parody project (think lurcher dogs on blue string and mouldy ponchos etc) for small festivals, still half done - premise being, fling open the back doors and rave on. 

]Don't you mean crusty crew or maybe (special) brew crew Wacko

Edited by MarcoAudio - 02 December 2020 at 4:56pm
onefootskenk77 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefootskenk77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 2:15pm
nice!
EMPIRE SOUND
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 3:29am
@Archi

That's dope. I live in Hangzhou, China, I didn't know that there was a reggae system over in Taiwan! Big up.

Edited by Maze - 18 October 2020 at 3:30am
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by empiresoundsystem empiresoundsystem wrote:

Second and third photos another side project called 'Crusting Crew', a parody project (think lurcher dogs on blue string and mouldy ponchos etc) for small festivals, still half done - premise being, fling open the back doors and rave on.

The midtops would really want to be mounted on an interior metal frame, van door hinges are one of the weakest things known to mankind. This van would probably lose a door/not shut after one or two uses. Or come clean off on a blowly day!

Also, other than free party type things, i can't see any festival paying money for something that looks like this... Certainly in the UK, the production bar is generally set far higher.

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 18 October 2020 at 9:50am
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
empireavworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empireavworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by empiresoundsystem empiresoundsystem wrote:

The midtops would really want to be mounted on an interior metal frame, van door hinges are one of the weakest things known to mankind. This van would probably lose a door/not shut after one or two uses. Or come clean off on a blowly day!

Also, other than free party type things, i can't see any festival paying money for something that looks like this... Certainly in the UK, the production bar is generally set far higher.

Hey man, I'm on a new account. I did replace the heavy PS12's with some much lighter Ohm BR8. Did also apply some drop down legs for the doors, but they were not needed. Have seen some 'stages' at festivals big and small consisting of playing out a caravan, ice cream van, 'Grandma's living room' etc - just for novelty factor more than anything. Cheers 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 95>