Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 95>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 9:32am
Got to stack up my budget lockdown project yesterday after a few years of having no system. 

I wanted something that was in between PA and soundsystem, useable for bands in small venues but also would handle reggae/dub and other more bass-centric music. Not a monster but nice to have a few boxes again!

Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 6:34pm
A very sensible format , I wish Id got something that scaleable back in the day
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2021 at 9:54am
Thanks Tinnitus Rex, scalable and versatile but with a bit of dub/reggae character was the goal!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by sarsen1 sarsen1 wrote:

Got to stack up my budget lockdown project yesterday after a few years of having no system. 

I wanted something that was in between PA and soundsystem, useable for bands in small venues but also would handle reggae/dub and other more bass-centric music. Not a monster but nice to have a few boxes again!

I like that, what design are your mini scoops?
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Originally posted by sarsen1 sarsen1 wrote:

I like that, what design are your mini scoops?

Thanks! MS18 mk1 with the recommended mod to make chamber tighter. Only loaded with XBs currently so I haven't pushed them too hard yet, but sounding nice to my ears so far...
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2021 at 12:41pm
 Snap! I've got some modified ms18 mk1's too (double thickness and extended rear baffle and lots of extra bracing in the rear chamber),  I didn't really know what to expect when I built them but after a few gigs with them I think they're great cabs, they sound more 'PA' than a full size scoop and are more efficient than a single 18" reflex, for the sort of gigs I do (mainly house/trance/techno events) they sound absolutely fantastic with 18" band pass cabs above on kick.
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 9:25am
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Snap! I've got some modified ms18 mk1's too (double thickness and extended rear baffle and lots of extra bracing in the rear chamber),  I didn't really know what to expect when I built them but after a few gigs with them I think they're great cabs, they sound more 'PA' than a full size scoop and are more efficient than a single 18" reflex, for the sort of gigs I do (mainly house/trance/techno events) they sound absolutely fantastic with 18" band pass cabs above on kick.

That's the one, nice! That is good to know, eventually I would like to load the scoops with v18-1000s and put the XBs in ES18s... 
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 12:23pm
 Mine are loaded with v18 1000's, they certainly move some air! Smile
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:22am

Been a while but finally did a gig. Not the greatest sound system atall. But one that works really well. Always surprises me. Those cubos work really well with the E.V eliminators . Live that is. Quite plug and play. Noise police out in force at this location so no big boomers allowed. Kept 150 people happy playing dub not too low but enough. I like this combo for ease of use. I am not a fan of the E.V's myself but they do the job Just ended up with 8 of them. Long story and very cheap. Bring the money in though.  Japanese really preferer the Ql to the midas and they do a better job on it too. 

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:02am
Well done Dom, is good to see things getting back to near-normal now. Clap
Be seeing you.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 12:30am
Getting there. This was supposed  to be at a club. But it couldn't open so they moved it to the beach. 
This is exactly the kind of event I wanted that Ass system for. Still really gutted about that. I hope the guy who bought it doesn't rip out the speakers and let the boxes rot in the garden. 
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:28am
Is that by any chance Wakayama beach?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 95>