Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sica supplier?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sica supplier?
    Posted: 12 November 2019 at 11:33am
I've had a couple of Sica items (a neo 12 and a horn) on order from the UK distributor for six months. They've given me four delivery dates and failed to meet any of them. They just ignored my last polite reminder email.

These are samples and I'd be likely to order them in regular, if modest, quantities in the future.

I need decent trade prices. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2019 at 6:22pm
Maybe Sica have decided that they don't want to send samples out?
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2019 at 8:20pm
Why would you think that?
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2019 at 10:55pm
I get mailshots and catalogues from the US trade distributor, CE Distribution. They ship to the UK but can't guess what the charges would be.

CE Distribution
Kevin

North Staffordshire

JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2019 at 11:05pm
If they can't even get samples to you as a prospective ongoing purchaser then what hope have you got of getting recones or drivers in a hurry if you blow one?

Whats the advantage if using sica over there usual suspects? Cost?
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 9:14pm
Thanks for the pointer, kedward, but the cost and hassle of importing from the US isn't very attractive.

Jon, Sica has a few products with specs that match my requirements better than anything else. Price is also a factor - it always is.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 10:02pm
Have you raised a formal complaint with the distributor? If not, do that. If it isn't handled properly, then you go direct to Sica and explain your position.

Or you can just go through this list:
https://www.sica.it/en/distributors

And call them up until someone bends the rules.
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 10:05pm
If they are Italian then they might be on holiday/having coffee/having a smoke/working from home/in a traffic jam/etc
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

If they are Italian then they might be on holiday/having coffee/having a smoke/working from home/in a traffic jam/etc

The UK distributor is a British company, so they might just be overworked and don't get paid enough to deal with this shit
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

right... Having a coffe together with those lazy amateurs at rcf, powersoft, b&c and 18sound.
Seriously this sounds quite racist,  like "if they are African then they might be eating a Banana".

I love this place but can't take this shit.
Yes I am Italian.

Edited by Jo bg - 15 November 2019 at 1:31pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 2:02pm
What exactly do you need?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 3:03pm
I'd like a 12K3PL if they're still readily available (they're not in their catalogue any more). Alternatively, the 12N3PL. I'd also like to test the QO7020A horn as an alternative to the RCF H100 I'm using now. Crossover point is 1.8kHz.
 Post Reply Post Reply