Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinai RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bisforbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 12:28am
I've just read the entire thread! Most reading I've done since leaving school!

I've recently got back into building boxes. I'm a cabinet maker by trade and use to be a sound engineer all be it a very junior one. I was there on the night in question. And I also heard Sinai a couple of days before at green works and they smashed it. Since then I've heard a couple of other rigs using the same box designs as Sinai. Sinai with kicks is enjoyable to be shaken by and I love the hype that comes with it. This can only be good for the UK scene. I love the tops in particular the comps and waveguides used. But I have also heard the type 0 parafex which is very simple to build less materials and sounds better imo. I recently built one in under two hours including drawing and cnc programming  so that kind of makes the golden formula a bit of a early adopters mistake. And the designer himself admitted this earlier in the thread. But Sinai as a sound is still one I want tickets to hear and I get excited listening to it. And by the amount of people that know the Sinai name they are getting a return on their investment. It would be boring if every rig sounded the same.

Rc1 bass weight is on another level. But can you expect and experimental open source design to match somthing like the rc1 box and the years of time that went into it? Seems like we are comparing apples with oranges! As for the top end I thought Sinai has it but with the amount off bass coming fun rc1 my ears definitely couldn't focus on rc1 top end.  

I'm just happy that the UK has many great systems that all have their individual sound.
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2023 at 9:45am
Originally posted by MMJ of HOQS MMJ of HOQS wrote:

Originally posted by SpeakerScott SpeakerScott wrote:

You have not witnessed this, or measured this because it cannot happen.  

Scott, I don't need you to tell me what I have seen and what I haven't seen during a process that you had no involvement in.

MJJ, do you have a Golden Book, dictated to you by a higher force, that transcends physics and common sense? Because, you're sounding a bit Joseph Smith now... 
You "have" proof, you seem to claim, but, NO ONE can see it.
Hoping desperately that folk like Marjan, Scott, CSG, Toasty etc are all somehow wrong in their DECADES of experience, desperately digging hoping to find a bone these lot haven't yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2023 at 9:51am
It's also hilarious how most folk keep ignoring the main point Concept put down.
Which ISNT "Why is RC1 so loud", but:

"Why don't 6 21s sound so amazing.
And

"Why is MMJ so salty about obvious issues, rather than taking em on, to improve his boxes..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2023 at 10:33am
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

Paraflex is not commercially available
The FREE plans are "available"
Calum builds, and SELLS them. So do others.

I'd say, that's "commercially available".
Wouldn't you?

Unless, you're talking about "big" manufacturers, in which case...
Good point. Been covered in here.
Why don't they?
Oh yeah....also covered on here, like, the main point of contention even... ;)
The sound, size, lack of bass, etc

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 08 January 2023 at 10:41am
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2023 at 10:09am
Did anyone hold a mic in front of the "new best cab alive" 2x18" cram Paraflex ? The graphs on page 13 show coherent results, but the DBH218 graph is way worse than the marketing specs

Edit: The Orbit shifter is exremely suprising for a single FLH. Wow!

Thanks for putting up this comparision ! 

Edited by turbo7 - 19 September 2023 at 10:11am
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2023 at 10:31am
On the paraflex and speaker freakers fb pages are very good measurememts of the 2x18 cram loaded with 18DS115 drivers.

Also DBH218 is almost identical to the specsheet measurement. Scaling is just different.

Edited by smitske96 - 19 September 2023 at 10:33am
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2023 at 11:15am
Thanks, found it on speaker freakers !

So the "best cab alive, even better than the best golden formula which is no longer the best" is down -5,9dB @ 37Hz against my best 1x18" cab. So far so good. One would conclude that my bass is the best alive then, but i dont adopt the paraflex logic. Therefore, it is just another big subwoofer, it is harder to not get that output out of that volume than getting it LOL

kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2023 at 11:50am
you made me go and find them:
looks pretty good until you realise its a 724L (external) cab.  Not sure if by scaling to 1W/1M in the graphs they also mean that nominal 4 ohm impedance has been taken into account.  The paraflex thing seems to be a lot of weird hype convincing people to carry huge subs.

Edited by kipman725 - 19 September 2023 at 11:52am
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2023 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

you made me go and find them:
looks pretty good until you realise its a 724L (external) cab.  Not sure if by scaling to 1W/1M in the graphs they also mean that nominal 4 ohm impedance has been taken into account.  The paraflex thing seems to be a lot of weird hype convincing people to carry huge subs.

it's a cult. "Surely all these other people wouldn't believe they are better if it's nonsense". Had to talk one of my mates out of building some the other day Shocked
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2023 at 1:55pm
thanks for putting the graphs up!

If one flatten out this thing to sound like a SUB its about 98-99dB half space . Pretty nice low end, tho. To be fair, it might output that of a KS28  ( bigger of course ) but i am not sure about sound quality and thermal problems. 

"Had to talk one of my mates out of building some the other day Shocked"

sounds horrible. if you need an ear, we are there for you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627