Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SMAART interpretation please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie-ashton-solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 3:28pm
just got a reply from Graham Hendry from tannoy.
He has confirmed the 1" should be inverted from the 2".
Just waiting back now to confirm the board is all ok.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 4:26pm
I find it hard to believe that a first order filter doing a good job when BMS seem to recomend otherwise. Measure the impedance of the HF coil on its own. If there are any peaks between 2kHz and 6kHz it may sound harsh at high volume. especially where there is no l-pad after the filter you have both the problem of putting significant power through at a resonant frequency AND the filter not working properly because of the high impedance. perhaps it sounds good enough, but if you are dissatisfied I reckon it's an obvious upgrade.
jamie-ashton-solo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie-ashton-solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2019 at 4:31pm
Yes I agree. I was very disappointed and confused to see that there was no crossover network. In my experience tannoy make excellent boards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345