Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small A.S.S system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

What are the L10-750yk drivers in because the Q system mid was  originally fitted with a 12"? (RCF LP24)

There is not enough space for JBL 12" drivers. I will bring my talmeter next time and give you exact dimensions.

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 3:46pm
Original driver was  10" Colin.

HF was Emilar EC175

Bass was Gauss 4580 (Chrome dome).

Nice system. In the UK would be worth a lot of money now. A lot.
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by more10 more10 wrote:

How clear does that sound? And it's almost 40 years old. Very impressive.
Be seeing you.
more10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

How clear does that sound? And it's almost 40 years old. Very impressive.

Drivers are more modern. The Yamaha stuff is from that age as well.
more10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 7:15pm

Thanks. But why are these popular in the UK? Its not exactly something you collect (actually i do :-) )
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 7:24pm

Original driver was  10" Colin.

HF was Emilar EC175

Bass was Gauss 4580 (Chrome dome).

Of course they had 10" drivers my mistake Gauss if I'm not mistaken, as to being worth a lot on money in the UK, the last system (which was unloaded) sold for less that £500, that was for four bass cabs four mids and the horns which were the latter ASS CD type.
as we all know it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and this is more of a collectors system rather than one someone is going to go out to work with.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
more10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 7:27pm
The build quality is very impressive. Best birch plywood. 

Which crossover frequencies are recommended?
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 8:20pm

I think it's one of the nicest looking system's built I was on the verge of buying the unloaded system I mentioned above but missed the end of the sale. 

Edited by colint - 21 September 2020 at 8:29pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 8:43pm

From memory, bass to mid is 400hz,and 2.5kz to HF,but that was with the original drivers of course.

Edited by jbl_man - 21 September 2020 at 8:51pm
Be seeing you.
more10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote more10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2020 at 9:41pm

From memory, bass to mid is 400hz,and 2.5kz to HF,but that was with the original drivers of course.

Thanks. I will try with these settings tomorrow.

The Yamaha crossover is 12 or 18 dB slope. The slope can be changed internally. Any reflections?
Jim 23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jim 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2020 at 12:28pm
Yo peeps, been a long time since I've been on here. Wishing to send someone a P.M, but that doesn't seem to working how i remember it last did, do i need a moderator / admin person to activate that for me? 
    Would also like to post images of my Q System and some recently refurbished Concert System lovely's. 
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2020 at 1:53pm
Jim, you need 10 posts (well, technically points, which others can give you by hitting the Thanks button on your posts) before PM's & Image Uploads are activated.
Best bet is find a few threads relevant to you and add some comments - just try not to do it in a spammy way ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>