Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Flatpack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Flatpack
    Posted: 05 April 2020 at 1:25pm
Hi, i am putting together a little 2.1 system but with the lockdown i have been unable to get my hands on plywood or a cutting service for the subwoofer. would anyone here with a half decent workshop be able and willing to cut and mail a flatpack? it will less than a half sheet of 15 or 18mm ply and 8-9 panels all 90 cuts.
i barely managed the 9mm ply mid tops using a hand saw and then a flush trim bit to give a decent edge, for those interested the tops are fane 5FRK drivers with a dayton audio dome tweeter and the sub is a dayton audio reference series 8" with a tidy dayton audio 2.1 plate amp powering the lot.

cheers
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 1:37pm
The problem is going to be getting the ply... I have a friend who is a joiner and has his own machine shop, he has loads of pending jobs but is now unable to work as he can no longer get any materials.
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2020 at 9:42pm
I'm hoping to get some ply next week, I'll let you know if I'm successful 
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
feliz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feliz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2020 at 11:15pm
Got a message from concept-10 and hes sorting me out a flatpack, thanks for the replies. 
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2020 at 12:15am
Originally posted by feliz feliz wrote:

Got a message from concept-10 and hes sorting me out a flatpack, thanks for the replies. 

Nice one C10Hug
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 2:05am
Bluearan may have one of their flatpacks in stock.
 Post Reply Post Reply