Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So....    Glastonbury....   The big question  ????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So.... Glastonbury.... The big question ????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So.... Glastonbury.... The big question ????
    Posted: 01 July 2019 at 7:03pm
I can't see one review of the BishopSound rig.

Good ???   Bad ?????  Tolerable  ????

Appalling  ?????    Too chemically-influenced to notice  ????

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 7:43pm
I heard bishop sound didnt show up...  Apparently it was a DAS rig instead Shocked
https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Nick Sasquash Nick Sasquash wrote:

I heard bishop sound didnt show up...  Apparently it was a DAS rig instead Shocked

Yep, I walked all the bloody way there to review it on video for jokes but it wasn’t there!
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 11:43am
Just looked on the Bishopsound website.

Quote Bishopsound debut at Glastonbury. We rocked Glastonbury for the first time. British Sound Is Back

Anyone know where British Sound has been?

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 12:23pm
I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I thought I read something on FB about a load of their stuff getting impounded by customs on the way into the country.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I thought I read something on FB about a load of their stuff getting impounded by customs on the way into the country.

They impound pure Brittish made loudspeaker boxes? Woooow, the world has gone crazy.

:)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 1:43pm
Oh no - just when I was considering buying a few pallet loads of the stuff!  LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by KDW32 KDW32 wrote:

Quote Bishopsound debut at Glastonbury. We rocked Glastonbury for the first time. British Sound Is Back

So that photo on his site is either from another event, or it was removed / blown up because here’s a photo I took on Saturday:

It’s a DAS Variant system.

I’ll upload the video when I finally get home.

Edited by toastyghost - 02 July 2019 at 2:52pm
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by KDW32 KDW32 wrote:

So that photo on his site is either from another event, or it was removed / blown up because here’s a photo I took on Saturday:<<<Space Saved>>>
It’s a DAS Variant system.

I’ll upload the video when I finally get home.

Looking at the end of the second paragraph of the BS (hey, now that might be appropriate) page, I saw this "new stage being run by the long-established Glastonbury suppliers, Bristol based A1 Entertainments."

AKA the A1 disco shop in Oldbury Court, Fishponds;  I know that Paul at A1 has a DAS rig - so they either didn't get the BS rig (hey it's getting catchy) in time or didn't think that it would be up to the job and put in something that was more suitable.

Just wondering if I'll get a reply if I ask BS on their website if they have any pictures of the rig in action ??

Edited by BJtheDJ - 02 July 2019 at 7:11pm
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 7:17pm
a1 - was that ali pook?
LOUDER THAN LOUD
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 7:38pm

There’s this on the site.

And this from Facebook. Shame as I actually wanted to see and hear it.

He employs a very good digital marketing and design agency, who are not cheap. That’s why the website is actually dead good. In short, they’re putting a good spin on reality - marketing! - but it works because he’s making enough cash to be spending serious money on that sort of thing, and if their report is correct they’ve actually dramatically increased his sales.

That said, seeing some hilariously low budgets for stages at various events, and worse, reputable companies doing events for a ridiculously low price, in some cases under 0.5% ROI on kit, I’m not surprised he’s making headway.

Edited by toastyghost - 02 July 2019 at 7:42pm
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by godathunder godathunder wrote:

a1 - was that ali pook?

Ali is SWG they were doing the park and BBC introducing.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>