Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So who has just lost his Void system?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

I wouldn't blame whoever hired it out if they watched it leave the warehouse and picked up the phone to the old bill with reg plates etc.

Nothing gained by destroying the equipment (apart from increasing demand for more kit I suppose)

Why would anyone advocate hiring out equipment whe  we are mostly locked down. Clearly not going to a house party is it. They deserve it as much as the organisers.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 10:35am
https://www.allaroundevents.net/single-post/void-sound-system-tri-motion

looks like this system. apologies if i'm mistaken but the subs (not void) look to be the same.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

I wouldn't blame whoever hired it out if they watched it leave the warehouse and picked up the phone to the old bill with reg plates etc.

Nothing gained by destroying the equipment (apart from increasing demand for more kit I suppose)

Why would anyone advocate hiring out equipment whe  we are mostly locked down. Clearly not going to a house party is it. They deserve it as much as the organisers.

There are legitimate hires happening as James has demonstrated, if a reasonable reason was dreamt up and provided then why not?

A phone call to the police if you were suspicious that all might not be as presented.

I too doubt that was what happened though, rich kids who can throw away money and who think it's all made up because they don't know anyone who's died personally

Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:29am
In the UK after boxing day, where was it legal to have any kind of event? 
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:43am
Jules Holland's studio?

imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:47am
Not trying to justify anyone's actions here, but it is the event organiser who should take the whole blame.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:48am
lol....yeah, next year me and a mate are going to apply for tambourine rattler and triangle dinger....
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:59am
Thank goodness the kids are having a go..

Totalitarian nanny state 

or

Self determination.

I know which I prefer. 
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 12:13pm
It is simply a question of how far the state should impinge on individual freedom. In a liberal democracy we all have the choice to break the law.

Hypothetical case..... A man hires a Ferrari and then proceeds to go down the motorway at 150mph. Do we:-

a). Prosecute and punish the driver to the extent of the law.

b). Prosecute the driver, plus the hire company and crush the Ferrari.

c). Prosecute both the above, plus ban Ferraris as they are not suitable to be driven on UK roads.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 1:23pm
Ok,by the same argument then, it would perfectly ok for a licensed armourer to supply a machine gun to a bunch of bank robbers? Using the argument that it was a legimate hire? "They were going to make a war film"

Nonsense.

Anyone who hires-out a system like that on New years eve on the assumption it's for a private house party for one person is an idiot.
Be seeing you.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 2:15pm
A machine gun comes under section 5 of the firearms act (prohibited weapon) so most "armourers" would not be licenced to hold one. In the same way that most film makers would not be licenced to hire one. The film set would also have to have MOD approval for the use of one, so your example is a non starter.

That's why most armourers use either deactivated or blank firing only weapons and add the firing effects later. It's also why car hire companies are obliged to ensure the customer is licenced for the particular vehicle they hire and why they are required to make sure the appropriate insurance is in place. Once those conditions are met they are not liable if their customer mis-uses the vehicle in question.

Since there is no requirement for licencing of sound equipment they should not be held liable for mis-use. I expect under the current situation they would be advised to establish a reason for the hire, but beyond that I don't see any liability.

I would also add that I didn't comment one way or the other. I simply posed a quetion as to how far the state should impinge on individual freedom Do you want freedom "from" or freedom "to", because they are diametrically opposed.

If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
chunkydj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chunkydj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 2:44pm
- The person holding the party is a serial offender of illegal raves, radio etc
- The void rig was owned and rented to someone who knew FULL WELL what it was going to be used for 
- The Church keys were 'acquired' 

In summary - all arseholes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>