Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So who has just lost his Void system?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by chunkydj chunkydj wrote:

- The person holding the party is a serial offender of illegal raves, radio etc
- The void rig was owned and rented to someone who knew FULL WELL what it was going to be used for 
- The Church keys were 'acquired' 

In summary - all arseholes. 

I don't doubt it, but the burden of "Proof beyond a reasonable doubt" lies with the police. If they can prove it then both will suffer the consequences, and rightly so.

BUT, there has to be proof because the consequences of the alternative go beyond even the dire situation we are in at the moment. Those being "Innocent until proven guilty", becomes "Guilty until proven innocent.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by chunkydj chunkydj wrote:

- The person holding the party is a serial offender of illegal raves, radio etc
- The void rig was owned and rented to someone who knew FULL WELL what it was going to be used for 

In summary - all arseholes. 

According to news reports and the BBC website the church
was broken into with damage assessed at over £1,000.

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 4:01pm
Apparently they broke a window to install an extractor fan, suggesting some Covid concern?
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Under those conditions I'm certain that, being the business man that 
you are, you would have a signed declaration from the hiree about the 
circumstances that the equipment would be used in; and if it was going
to be a dry hire then insurance would have been taken out which would 
cover any eventualities.   

Wouldn't it ?

What would happen if you made a dry hire as you outline in your third 
sentence, and it had vanished when you went to pick up the equipment ?

No one has ever asked me to sign a declaration about the circumstances in which I hire equipment, and I’ve been doing it for a long time. Terms and conditions of hire, yep all the time. None have ever included the circumstances of how and where I operate the hired equipment.

Hire insurance is an interesting thing. Most of the time hire companies terms and conditions state it it the hiree’s responsibility to insure the equipment against loss and damage. It certainly is common practise to offer an insurance against these losses for a percentage of the hire cost, much like CDW on a hire car, but as to what the hire company does with that percentage.... Do you give that revenue to an insurance company or just take on the risk yourself? Would you like an extra 20% of invoice as revenue and take the risk, or give it to an insurance company who will jack your costs whenever you claim on the policy? Would you be more thorough on your due diligence in background and credit checks if it’s your risk?

Yep I’ve had dry hired kit not returned, but I manage my business risks, and it’s been very few and far between, and in all of those few cases I’ve managed to recover the kit.

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

people trying to make money whilst most of us are out of work are bloody scabs Thumbs Down

People trying to put food on their table, and the tables of their employees, may disagree with you. 

jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

cover any eventualities.   

Wouldn't it ?

No one has ever asked me to sign a declaration about the circumstances in which I hire equipment, and I’ve been doing it for a long time. Terms and conditions of hire, yep all the time. None have ever included the circumstances of how and where I operate the hired equipment.

Hire insurance is an interesting thing. Most of the time hire companies terms and conditions state it it the hiree’s responsibility to insure the equipment against loss and damage. It certainly is common practise to offer an insurance against these losses for a percentage of the hire cost, much like CDW on a hire car, but as to what the hire company does with that percentage.... Do you give that revenue to an insurance company or just take on the risk yourself? Would you like an extra 20% of invoice as revenue and take the risk, or give it to an insurance company who will jack your costs whenever you claim on the policy? Would you be more thorough on your due diligence in background and credit checks if it’s your risk?

Yep I’ve had dry hired kit not returned, but I manage my business risks, and it’s been very few and far between, and in all of those few cases I’ve managed to recover the kit.

people trying to make money whilst most of us are out of work are bloody scabs Thumbs Down

People trying to put food on their table, and the tables of their employees, may disagree with you. 

Well said James!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 8:02pm

cover any eventualities.   

Wouldn't it ?

No one has ever asked me to sign a declaration about the circumstances in which I hire equipment, and I’ve been doing it for a long time.

Times change and normal business praqctices should probably change to follow, it would be good self-protection to ask hirees for a declaration that they are not flouting any rules so that, in the event of the worst happening, getting any confiscated equipment back would be facilitated.

Quote Terms and conditions of hire, yep all the time. None have ever included the circumstances of how and where I operate the hired equipment.

If you operate the equipment then you would have full control of it and I'm certain that you would prevent it from being used in circumstances which are against the "Covid regulations" (for want of a better phrase).

Quote Hire insurance is an interesting thing. Most of the time hire companies terms and conditions state it it the hiree’s responsibility to insure the equipment against loss and damage. It certainly is common practise to offer an insurance against these losses for a percentage of the hire cost, much like CDW on a hire car, but as to what the hire company does with that percentage.... Do you give that revenue to an insurance company or just take on the risk yourself? Would you like an extra 20% of invoice as revenue and take the risk, or give it to an insurance company who will jack your costs whenever you claim on the policy? Would you be more thorough on your due diligence in background and credit checks if it’s your risk?

You are of course right. When I was quoted 15% of insured value by insurers I decided to take the risk.  I was badly caught out a few years later when I lost a pair of 3-month old CDJ500's (yes, it was a long time ago) around 1500 CDs togetehr with a couple of switched Unidyne III's and a set of Beyer DT25's (my pride and joy at the time).  They left behind a lot more than that I'm happy to say.

But in the long run I've saved money by not insuring my gear.

You on the other hand, take a far greater risk than I because your main business (I believe) is hire.  I only seldom hire out my equipment and veen then only to people that I know, or in premises where they know me and will ensure that my stuff remains.

[/quote]Yep I’ve had dry hired kit not returned, but I manage my business risks, and it’s been very few and far between, and in all of those few cases I’ve managed to recover the kit.[/quote]

You've been very lucky congratulations :)

IMHO those that provided the subject for this thread were not the same people that you describe above; more that they're people out to make a killing and put the health of themselves and their clients at risk and b*gger the consequences.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 8:48pm
Precisely Barry. Total disregard for anyone's safety,or for the law. It's not there as a Big-brother clamping down on personal freedom thing, the rules are to stop people dying. I personally know two who have passed away from it. Maybe the little tw*ts would take more notice if they saw their father gasping for his last breath?

Edited by jbl_man - 02 January 2021 at 8:59pm
Be seeing you.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:10pm

Trying to put food on the table by hiring out many thousands of pounds worth of equipment to a gig that IS going to get to raided? Then you've got many thousands of pounds worth of company assets seized and there's no guarantee you're getting it back so when things do pick up you've got no equipment for your employees to use. Whoever put that system in there is a having sex idiot.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 11:42pm
The owner of the kit under the circumstances will have absolutely no doubt what his equipment would be used for. 

Under tier 3 which most of us where prior only 6 people were to mix OUTSIDE, there is no excuse. Anyone with any decent kit would want to do due diligence to ensure he would get his kit back, given the current situation. He should have hired out a pair of head phones..!!

Insurance or not, try explaining to the insurance company you are claiming for loss of kit dry hired out to someone on new years eve during a world wide pandemic, during lock down. He will not be getting a payment, guaranteed.  
In bass no one can hear you scream!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2021 at 12:33am
this rave has been such high profile, the authorities will have no option but to make an example of them. I have no doubt that the kit is long gone, there are more fines to come, and they will get the harshest punishment available should it go to court.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2021 at 7:56am
And apparantly not the only one -

I just think that these people are selfish, mindless idiots. And anyone hiring them gear deserves to lose it!  Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2021 at 10:33am
Like it or not, the risks of a hire business has changed as a result of the laws restricting parties and gatherings, anyone who hasn't changed their due diligence to reflect this is significantly more likely to end up with their gear at a police auction. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>