Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someones going to get a bargain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 7:42am
Well. I had to nab this at that price - like others here I attempted to buy it at the £1400, but ebay were insisting on immediate payment, something I won’t do on this kind of payment, so i messaged the guy and we met up yesterday and did the deal. 
There are a couple of minor wrinkles, 2 of the 2226’s have been re-coned with aftermarket kits ( he was most upset when i told him this as he had paid over £500 to get them repaired) and the top boxes are RCF 12” with celestion 2” and jbl slots. The subs are the later PHL drivers, but i prefer these to the 2241 option. The carpet does all match though and the amps etc are very clean. Lovely genuine chap who even gave me all the original manuals inc service manuals for the amps and even well coiled cables for the whole rig inc a lump of 32A HO7, so you really cant complain.
So, apologies for the others on here who wanted this, but i had spotted it a couple of hours after it was listed, and the guy was old fashioned enough to acknowledge that i had been the first to offer the full amount, so he stuck to his side of the bargain. Ill test it all this afternoon, and likely send it out on a noisy car show this weekend to give it a good workout for a few hours! 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 9:19am
must be one of the later 1290 rigs the RCF 12' is a good driver its what is fitted to the later 1296 cabs. The Celestion 2" is actually a B&C DE85 rebadged , it should sound lovely . Well done you certainly grabbed a bargain .

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 9:24am
Are you going to keep it,or sell it Chris? Would be a shame if it was sold as separates.

One thing i dont understand...looking at the way it seems to be wired...both the 18" and the push-pull 15" appear to be working all in the same band?
Be seeing you.
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 9:51am
Thats how they do it Ian , they are designed that way , both the twin 15 and the single 18 off a single amp channel , the controller supplies a 6th order alignment eq . It sounds good as long as you've got a suitably beefy amp which the vz5k is.

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 10:45am
Came all the way to Stockport and didn’t even pop by for a brew sir?!
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 6:36pm
Next time, He came to me! ( well, 1/2 way, we were gigging in Droitwich)
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 6:39pm
I think I’ll keep it for a while Ian, its a very solid little rig, ideal for some of the more budget orientated events we get asked to, but when i do move it on ill do my best to keep it together as it would be a shame to split it up. The Crowns will probably go firs...
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Well. I had to nab this at that price ....

Well done Sir, you've had a bargain! I'm glad someone on here had it. I do a few DJ nights that don't actually pay a lot all said and done and are hard on the kit, a little rig like this would be perfect for those gigs IMO and it would earn it's money back in no time, good luck with it CSG. Smile
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2019 at 6:52pm
so, as discussed, used this today after a bit of fiddling with to in the warehouse yesterday - when first turned on there was a notable lack of bass - after a bit of poking around it transpired that one of the twin 15" boxes was out of phase with everything else, and it sounded much better with that corrected!

Unfortunately both slots are toast, but turn out to be Beyma  CP21's which are still in production, so hopefully i can get some diaphragms for these somewhere. They deffo need to be in there, the 2" does struggle above 10K, no great surprise.

The PHL 18" subs sound good, but i feel this needs another pair to balance the rig properly, so if anyone has a pair of PHL loaded CS1290SB's in the same blue carpet give me a shout...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12