Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

soundcard issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: soundcard issues
    Posted: 21 February 2010 at 4:41pm
everything i try recording sounds like it's at the bottom of a well Frownfacepalm

music sounds fine coming out of it, have swapped the cables round so i know it's not an issue there, also swapped mixers between urei and allen and heath: same again. have played with the compression settings16bit 44kHz is the same as 32bit 192kHz.

HALP! Smilie

ps. a bit of cross forum posting going on hence the weird smiley action.

the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 10:47pm
What card are you using??? sounds like you have a massive latency problem.
Software shouldn't make that much difference but try a simple stereo grab with something like audition from the back of a CD player with a purchased CD (not a MP3'd one as they sound like they failing down a well!!!!) Silly I know but also check phasing between L-R....

I have done "desk tapes" with a £22 Behringer "fag packet" interface ( I bought this to lend to Mac users when their pile of doggy pooe interface fails and try getting to connect to a headphone out...) onto my old laptop with great results so if things really are that crap I would start with the CD player as a known good and then if that sucks it has to be a either badly configed hardware (I rashly assume you are no using the 3.5mm "line-in" on a laptop or similar) or software setup....

S
 Post Reply Post Reply