Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soundout Console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soundout Console
    Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:39pm
Here my latest addition  as owned by Funk a Duck roadshow
Soundout Panther unpowered console
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:44pm
Nice find MH, bet you're right chuffed.

We're still both looking for that elusive tiny Series VI console though eh?

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:56pm
Yes Greg  I was a bit pleased especially as I got it for £6  on Ebay  
Still looking for the series 6 as well

Ive had the Panther running today  the decks are pre belt drive with rubber wheel drives
Can only get the left channel out of the left deck  Those pesky Garard slide in cartridge holders

I know its not Citronic But I used one of these back in the day 
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 9:11pm
Six quid! - serves you right those slide in carts only half connect.....Wink

I started off with a FAL something or other, then briefly had a Soundout (the unpowered red fin job), before finding Citronic - I never went back.

Was lucky enough to find Pulsar lighting first time around (only because I lived quite close to the Cerebrum Lighting store in London) so didn't faff too much cash on other brands.  I did always (and still do) covert a particular Mode Electronics controller because it had cross fade between the lighting channels rather than the common hard flash between the channels.

Greg

Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
vcmazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vcmazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Mhamplification Mhamplification wrote:

Here my latest addition  as owned by Funk a Duck roadshow
Soundout Panther unpowered console

I used this console in the early/mid 80s!!! Funkaduck - as seen on TV (Blue Peter I think), were (or claimed to be) at the time the largest mobile disco in Europe. Their set up was truly amazing to see. They had a Thursday night residency at The National Ballroom in Kilburn and had weekly guest spots from then Capital Radio DJs (John Sachs and Kelly Temple spring to mind). The manager wanted to cut back on the expense but still wanted a guest DJ every week and I ended up doing a few spots (God knows why, I was no better than their own DJs and I was as bemused by the thinking behind it as they clearly were). Still, twenty quid is twenty quid LOL.

Edited by vcmazz - 24 November 2011 at 7:56pm
simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:06pm
Just notice this on ebay, not sure if it's vintage enough or any good, but I know you all love a console..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOUBLE-DECK-DISCO-SYSTEM-2-SPEAKERS-PORTOGRAM-DJ-GOOD-WORKING-ORDER-/360456215284?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item53ecdd5af4#ht_500wt_1179

Citylimits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citylimits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 12:09am
Hi guys. I have an old console from Cashmore SoundOut. It is the series 3. Can anyone give me some info on how much they are worth?   I have had it for 25 years now and still use it for those special gig's
 Post Reply Post Reply