Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF - 10 MARCH 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:00pm

motion these are sound checks but have you thought of doing a dance with the best entertainers of the the last yr

like wassie one v complex v hawkeye v ofuoffogp

the above are just examples but you get what i mean... a selectas edition

which ends at 2am or 3am instead of 11pm

[with no excessive talking on the mic!!! everyone gets a set time then there locked off]

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 15 March 2013 at 6:03pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:00pm
I agree with you 100% motion54

All this brings more fun in to it. I dont think anybody is really serious 

Edited by LIGWA - 15 March 2013 at 6:04pm
MSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

not sure what the fuss is about...only a soundcheck Confused one man want check scoops, one amps, one pre amp.... whats the problem?? i can understand if lev got booked to play big dance and got someone else to do x amount of the work then fair enough....but this was a soundcheck where a group of frens come together to check various different things. Confused

Well Said

The way how I see it, it was R&D (Research and Development). 

It was the best way to test out the scoop/amp/pre-amp/lms in real time and compare notes to what combination sounds best. To me, this way then pushes boundaries to how to make things better in the future. 

Finally, why not do it in a room full of soundman so you can get their opinions? Sounds logical to me

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:07pm

and golden palace is a nice big palace

no funny business like testing in small rooms to give you cabin booost and artifical throw
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by MSS MSS wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

not sure what the fuss is about...only a soundcheck Confused one man want check scoops, one amps, one pre amp.... whats the problem?? i can understand if lev got booked to play big dance and got someone else to do x amount of the work then fair enough....but this was a soundcheck where a group of frens come together to check various different things. Confused

Well Said

The way how I see it, it was R&D (Research and Development). 

It was the best way to test out the scoop/amp/pre-amp/lms in real time and compare notes to what combination sounds best. To me, this way then pushes boundaries to how to make things better in the future. 

Finally, why not do it in a room full of soundman so you can get their opinions? Sounds logical to me

truly sound systems are stepping up and pushing some serious BOUNDARIESClap

every man is revisiting the drawing board, and moving the bar higher  trust me I love it
LIGWA View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIGWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:13pm
good bye bed time now......
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:25pm
i wish someone would bring a 4 quakes to a couple ov these shoot outs!,,just to compare to the other cabs,..ive got close up to ass s118's & they sound sweet,.but so do quakes..but in my opion,.the quakes av got that bit more grunt & power,..differant cabs i kno,.but just a thought!.Stern Smile 
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:28pm
but looking at the 4 systems above,,they all look top notch!..& i bet they sounded it too,.respek to each & everyone of ya!Thumbs Up
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 6:32pm
An individual is entitled to bring any type of sub cab they like.
Ebony has plus a few others have brought alternatives.
Want to see a few more PA mans step into the arena.
Reggae up the place PA style!!!
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 7:02pm
Tongue i'd love to make it to the next one,..looks like everybody had a good time,.bar jahlive,,lol at the comments,..i don't think id be able to touch the systems above,.but one day i would like to bring down 4 home  made quakes,.lets call um quaks for copy rite reasons Smile,.run through me dynacord m1 or m2 mixer,no lms just raw analog crossovers,..& i reckon i woulnd't sound that bad,..& like somebdy said above,.it takes quite a wile to get a sound your happy with,..mix & blending all the time,.but i think im nearly ther,,just need to change the p3000's for something with a bit more boot,.or get 2 more & run the 4 quakes in bridge mode Big smile 

i class myself as novice soundman,..but i live sound day in/day out,.whether it's making tunes,buying records,& making my system sound as criss as possible,..maximum respek to all sound peeps on this forum,,novice & pro!Thumbs Up 

Edited by BASSHORSE - 15 March 2013 at 7:50pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

An individual is entitled to bring any type of sub cab they like.
Ebony has plus a few others have brought alternatives.
Want to see a few more PA mans step into the arena.
Reggae up the place PA style!!!

We spoke about this...just don't expect me to turn up with 4 subs though, mine are only little! Would need help with the tunes though...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
wadup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 2:07pm
Everysound built and sound different no 2 sounds sound the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>