Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF - 3RD NOVEMBER 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 9:45am
I'd say forgettable
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by mrmck mrmck wrote:

I'd say forgettable

Started out well, but some didnt like the premature 1-1.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
mrmck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 11:05am
Agreed but for me the sounds not sounding soundsystem enough, too much mids, no tops etc etc and before anyone starts, im a paying customer and thats my opinion,bless
mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by mrmck mrmck wrote:

Agreed but for me the sounds not sounding soundsystem enough, too much mids, no tops etc etc and before anyone starts, im a paying customer and thats my opinion,bless

How you doing Bro?
I never see you in there!
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
mrmck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 12:27pm
Mooreb, im gd, didnt see you either, what did you make of it?
mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 1:13pm
I thought it was ok and the sounds did sound good, If I did have to say anything a bit negative it was that just because you can play the mid/tops very loud it doesn't mean you have to!
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
SE Soundman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 2:36pm
Lastnight just prove to me that sometime less is more. Ebony with them 4 subs held their own against complex with his 6 and sounded better than LS1. Mid tops a little loud at times but not bad for what they had.

Sorry mi south side bredrins. Ls1 was not right at all. Tops were too over driven and messy and bass was toooo, we'll bass just wasn't there really. Every time they tried to drive the bass the boxes/drivers said no more please. Not sure what's in those tops but there was no crispness probably could do with some bullets.

Complex was for me best overall even though sometimes they sounded a little over driven too, But when they got it right it was very good.

Selection wise for me the dance was upside down and at times one sided, with only complex playing big specials for a clash, which most of us went to see or was led to believe was going to be.
Think mr motion needs to specify to both punters and sounds what each session will be. Whether it's a sound check, a clash or just a juggling dance.

Edited by SE Soundman - 04 November 2013 at 2:37pm
lil nemo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 4:31pm
Mr se soundman last night i told the crowd numerous times that the sound nah fire pan all cylinders but rather than live on it we just have to take it for what it is simple thst was the first time since we build the new machine so it was all new to we, every sound have them up and downs as for complex playing the biggest dub me never play dubs ah SPECIAL me play ken booth johnnie clarke pioneers sanchez bushman twinkle brothers frankie paul admiral tibbett junior byles hopeton lewis... etc. Furthermore why dont you enter a sound off me gladly play against you anywhere anyplace anytime. Oneup
fletch1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 12:14pm

First I'd like to thank Motion 54 for allowing complex on the dance edition secondly everybody is entitled to their opinion on how the dance went sound quality music and so forth I agree with some of the comments some of the comments I don't agree with it but I respect everybody's opinion complex had a minor issues with some new equipment but nothing that can't be ironed out any positive comments will be well appreciated thanks for the support
complex sound
fletch1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 12:16pm

First I'd like to thank Motion 54 for allowing complex on the dance edition secondly everybody is entitled to their opinion on how the dance went sound quality music and so forth I agree with some of the comments some of the comments I don't agree with it but I respect everybody's opinion complex had a minor issues with some new equipment but nothing that can't be ironed out any positive comments will be well appreciated thanks for the support
complex sound
lil nemo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 12:35pm
Positivity me seh. Oneup fletch wicked night nuff banter and great vibes look forward to juggling longside u again. Oneup.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 1:50pm
We give thanks for all 3 sounds Complex, LS1 and Ebony Sound for the hardwork they have put into providing soundsystem entertainment to you all!!

Also thank all patrons who attended this event which was billed as a entertainment event, not a SOUNDCHECK!

We have only ever billed one of our events as a clash and that was back in September.
Sundays event was billed as entertainment, not a clash!!
Words were spoken by a certain sound about brushing a next sound, but that doesn't necessary mean, that a all out clash is gonna happen.

We ain't trying to give false impressions about expectations as this wouldn't be beneficial long term from a promoters point of view.

It would be nice for patrons to participate in the event also i.e. dance, nodd your head, interact with the sound, at these events (billed as soundchecks and dances). I'm sure you express yourself at platinum suite or scala etc regardless a sound didn't have the perfect sounding system to your tastes.

I'm not having a go but it must be difficult for a sound to maintain a vibe when the majority of people in the room tends to stand and just stare!!!

Our event is by no means perfect, but we try to eliminate mistakes as best we can.
If you have any suggestions, about improving the experience, then feel free to inform us, right here or pm me, or tell me to in person - I'm mature enough and open minded enough to give all suggestions serious consideration.

Again, thanks for all of your support over the 2+ years of soundsystem Soundoff.

Images will be posted real soon.

Peace

Edited by Motion54 - 05 November 2013 at 1:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>