Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF - 3RD NOVEMBER 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 9:33pm
As I said it dont make sense refeering to anyone in particular, have read many post event feedbacks and nuff time see that sound wasnt sounding right but im wandering why its not resolved? Is it that the modern equipment is harder to rectfy? I dont know ive never used a management system etc, so im not here to trace just asking in vain, thought this was the place for discussion, avalanche of blessings
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 9:58pm
Yes, knowledge of equipment plays a big part of how a sound system can sound.
Sound operators really need to know each piece of equipment extremely well, then off course have an indepth knowledge into sound theory to make sense of it all.

This can take years to learn, hence why there are many sounds out there who sound different.
I find owning and engineering a sound an intensive business where one has to put ones ego one side, to be open enough to take criticism and advice and use it wisely rather than becoming defensive and closing ones mind to higher learning.

Learning the right knowledge and experience is more important than having been playing sound for more than 20 odd years and not learning effective knowledge along the way.

I'm on a long road to learning more and more about sound, music and making it all happen.
I give thanks to forums like this because this has put me in the right direction, once you cut through the shite I.e. The egotistic characters.

The sounds entering most Soundoff events do have a tendency to wanna play system louder then necessary.
I believe its unnecessary and I do tell the sounds in question to turn it down, especially as most times patrons come rushing out venues covering their ears.
Gonna try and find a way to curb this.
Feel free to make suggestions.

Bring earplugs if it becomes a serious problem for you, because I sure do when I listen aba at scala!!!!

Edited by Motion54 - 07 November 2013 at 10:00pm
mrmck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 10:18pm
Respeck Motion54, btw get some female selectors to loosen up the man dem
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by mrmck mrmck wrote:

Respeck Motion54, btw get some female selectors to loosen up the man dem

Even Female selectors won't loosen GP crowd, if system not right.

This is the difference between GP and few other similar events.
You need proper  system & tunes & Mic man to impress in GP.

GP has good size and proper power, so crowd more demanding, which is good.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 10:58pm
I have not commented on any of the sounds playing at either Sound Off or R&P for a while due to some sound men not being able to take constructive criticism as a positive, but instead take it as a dis. but I must say on Sunday all three sounds were positively open minded and even though it was not a "sound check" took the opportunity to iron out or find out issues with their setup, and made an effort to rectify them, even if not on the night but at least know what to fix or replace for the next time.
Well done to all three sounds and all the people that gave their advice/help on the night.
Sound system movement on the up up up.
"Music is life"
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by mrmck mrmck wrote:

how is it that at a soundcheck ting like this, the sounds appear to do little or nothing to correct or tune up their ting when playing?

+1

@ GP I've seen 2 seperate sound systems tear down one of their stacks & move it to a different position to see/hear if it sounded any better & seen one other strip down their wiring as it sounded poor.

Many more systems who go in GP or any other venue for a sound check or what ever, need to do similar & don't feel no way.

Sure many wouldn't mind seeing various amps swopped round too.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 11:20pm
On Sunday LS1 did pull down the whole stack and move it to a different spot, but unfortunately there were other issues that wasnt known at the time but I think have now been sorted.

Complex had an issue with the frying noise and tried to eliminate it by changing some leads etc but realised it was something that could not be rectified on the night so just had to carry on as it was.

Ebony had a problem their microphone and in the end got it working satisfactory.

I say that's progressive!
"Music is life"
mrmck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 8:18am
Seen sounds using nuff equipment nowadays (processing wise), is it too much to go wrong?
lil nemo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 9:51am
As i stated before we was not firing on all cylinders on sunday but the problem has been found and rectified and as i said we as a crew and family are looking forward to going back in the palace with WHOEVER....
fletch1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 11:03am
First off I must say I am impressed with we're comments are going concerning Sundays session I had a few problems which come Monday morning I made sure I rectified bought some new stuff hopefully those problems will have gone now but next year sometime I'm looking to come back into sound -off but with a pre-amp this time try something different not saying I'm going to get rid of my management system

Ps complex is not a mad bass line sound I'm a entertainer that tries to play with quality
Respect to all sounds that has come in to soundsystem sound-off and done there thing

Sent from my iPhone
complex sound
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

The sounds entering most Soundoff events do have a tendency to wanna play system louder then necessary.
I believe its unnecessary and I do tell the sounds in question to turn it down, especially as most times patrons come rushing out venues covering their ears.

Bring earplugs if it becomes a serious problem for you, because I sure do when I listen aba at scala!!!!

You have nuff respect from me as a person who is keeping soundmachine business alive in London bredrin

BUT

As a sound "boy" promoter you shouldn't be telling BIG men how to play their machine Exclamation ............ Let the people decide to themselves what they like & dislike about a machine..............

Mannas................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

You have nuff respect from me as a person who is keeping soundmachine business alive in London bredrin

BUT

As a sound "boy" promoter you shouldn't be telling BIG men how to play their machine Exclamation ............<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> Let the people decide to themselves what they like & dislike about a machine..............</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Mannas................... Big smile</span>

That is the whole point, Gee. Bigman or "sound boy" it shouldn't matter if the people who are paying to hear these sounds, are complaining and holding their ears that the sounds are way too loud, and that's mainly Bigman who are complaining. I am just expressing what the people are saying.

Soundbwoy or Bigman had nothing to to do with this scenario.
It's to do with Promotion54 and Soundsystem Soundoff.
Sounds enter under conditions. It's simple. If a soun try tell me "sound Bwoy guh weh" when I kindly ask him to turn sound down a little then I will take that as a big disrespect and switch off the supply to that sound.

I know it probably won't come to that but if a Bigman try diss..........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>