Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF MARCH 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOUNDSYSTEM SOUND-OFF MARCH 2012
    Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:13pm

The 6 Subs Edition

SUNDAY 4TH MARCH 2012 

Featured Sounds:-

VOLCANO (N.W. London)

LOVESHOCK (East London)

BORDERLINE (London)

SPARTACUS (Sth London)

GOLDEN PALACE BANQUETING SUITE,
Unit 39 Hastings wood Trading Estate,
Harbet Road,
London
N18 3HU

5pm till 11pm 

Below is a map and directions to help you locate venue.

The blue spot roughly marks where venue is located on map.

I suggest approaching from the Argon Rd end of Harbet Rd.
Follow the road up passing car pound on your left and as the road starts to bend to the left past the first large trading estate, you should see on your right, signs for "Hasting Wood Trading Estate" and "Golden Palace" and  "Eddies Cafe"

Turn right into estate and go through barrier by pressing buzzer and asking for access to Golden Palace.
Continue pass the first building on your right and then turn right and continue straight ahead.

You will see "Eddie's Cafe" and "Golden Palace" straight in front of you...........you have arrived!!!

Edited by Motion54 - 15 February 2012 at 3:30pm
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 11:51pm
<DIV ="msg">
THIS EDITION ALLOWS SOUNDS TO BRING 6 SUBS MAX  COMPRISING OF 2 STACKS

A sound can bring upto 6 sub boxes no bigger than a scoop with each sub cab comprising a max of 1 driver (2 drivers if reflex). 

Kick,upper bass or low mid cabs are also allowed but must play kick, high bass or high mid frequencies only!! 

All scoops will be classed as sub duty cabs only. 

THESE GUIDLINES ARE SET IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

We are aware there are gonna be different views on definitions of sub, kick, driver amounts in cabs etc but we believe the cab size is more important than the 1 driver or 2 per cab in sub boxes roughly the same volume................BUT UNTIL PROVEN DIFFERENT AT ONE OF OUR EVENTS WE WILL STICK TO THIS THEORY!!!

EACH SOUND IS ENTITLED TO AT LEAST ONE 32amp CEEFORM CONNECTION REGARDLESS AT WHAT TIME THEY ARRIVE 

SoundSystem Sound-Off is a SoundCheck after all, but we would still like to see sounds entertaining the punters with music and vibes with their microphones as this is key to keeping these kind of events alive!

Edited by Motion54 - 16 February 2012 at 5:39pm
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 11:10am
Ohhhh volcanos bins are loooooowww
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

THIS EDITION ALLOWS SOUNDS TO BRING 6 SUBS MAX  COMPRISING OF ONE STACK!!!!

A sound can bring upto 6 sub boxes no bigger than a scoop with each sub cab comprising a max of 1 driver (2 drivers if reflex). 

Kick,upper bass or low mid cabs are also allowed but must play kick, high bass or high mid frequencies only!! 

All scoops will be classed as sub duty cabs only. 

THESE GUIDLINES ARE SET IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

We are aware there are gonna be different views on definitions of sub, kick, driver amounts in cabs etc but we believe the cab size is more important than the 1 driver or 2 per cab in sub boxes roughly the same volume................BUT UNTIL PROVEN DIFFERENT AT ONE OF OUR EVENTS WE WILL STICK TO THIS THEORY!!!

EACH SOUND IS ENTITLED TO AT LEAST ONE 32amp CEEFORM CONNECTION REGARDLESS AT WHAT TIME THEY ARRIVE 

SoundSystem Sound-Off is a SoundCheck after all, but we would still like to see sounds entertaining the punters with music and vibes with their microphones as this is key to keeping these kind of events alive!

my V2 is a hybrid, 2 x 18'', same size as a scoop.....well smaller actually, so where does that leave me?
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 12:39pm
means you can bring 4 of them Wink when you flying back??
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 1:16pm
Correct Luke!

mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 1:48pm
oh OK : )

but that still wouldn't be fare if I went up against 6 double 18 reflex?

think it should just be cab sizes, anything the same size as a scoop (fullsize)

mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

means you can bring 4 of them Wink when you flying back??
soon as possible, way to hot for me here, the heat zaps your energy
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 1:53pm
cool, lets trade places, getting too cold down here! plus i'd get  cheap ticket to malaysia from where you are Big smile
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

oh OK : )

but that still wouldn't be fare if I went up against 6 double 18 reflex?

think it should just be cab sizes, anything the same size as a scoop (fullsize)

Can't believe we're here again.. This does'nt happen in big roots dance.

I reckon, you just say 6x boxes, no bigger than an 18/21" scoop, and be done with it.

So when 6x ASS S118 smashes down 6x 2x24" reflex, (Which it would, as 24s would need huge amount of power, and they are too slow for Dub), no one can say anything about unfair, as they chose what to bring.

Also still think it should be 4x subs. 4x mini scoops were rocking the place the other day, so anyone who can't do that with 4x fullsize scoops... Well...

Edited by levyte357 - 15 February 2012 at 2:06pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 2:06pm
oh i didnt realise it was a 6 bin thing. thought it was 4. so yeah what Lev said, 6boxes.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

oh i didnt realise it was a 6 bin thing. thought it was 4. so yeah what Lev said, 6boxes.

Think 4x box thing showed who was on on top of their game, and who wasn't.

Heard very few sounds in there whose 4x scoops matched what Paulus did with 3x. LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>