Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoundSystem Sound-Off November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeDredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

WON'T BE IN MINE JUST HEAVY DUBS

Splendid. Embarrassed
"Please inform the Federation, we have engaged the Borg.."
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 5:05pm
yes trojan 7, if you're bringing what i think you're bringing then i'm especially coming down to hear your sound Thumbs Up
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
waxhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:36pm
WinkPreacher my friend how have you been was good to see you last time hope you can make it don;t forget if you need any help let me know and it will be good also to see your sound down in london respect.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:46pm
Cecil, nice to see you last time. Looking forward to hearing your set at this one. Ken.
waxhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waxhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 7:28pm
WinkYes mate been a long time was good to see you and so many faces that i knew at the last one,alot has happen with the sound and me being ill alot  but  i hope the people keep coming because Motion54 & solo deserve our respect for putting on this event monthly and bringing sound people together and keeping it alive for all soundman BIG AS ALL UPClap
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 9:31pm
Everybody plays a part in this!
The sounds, the crowd, the venue owner etc etc
We have simply followed what came before us.......... rice n peas, bring back the Soundsystem, and so we give homage to the foundation.
Everyone of these elements play an important part to this event happening and being a success!!

So give yourselves all a very big round of applause!!!

Edited by Motion54 - 20 October 2011 at 9:32pm
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 5:46am
"Music is life"
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 6:46am
Can we start to put rankings/odds on these sounds to give us an idea of what league they are.....this way a if a bottom ranked sound on that flyer won it would look pretty impressive?

not sure if that makes any sense, like most of my posts, but you can get an idea
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:50am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Can we start to put rankings/odds on these sounds to give us an idea of what league they are.....this way a if a bottom ranked sound on that flyer won it would look pretty impressive?

not sure if that makes any sense, like most of my posts, but you can get an idea

We did toy with a similar idea.

I suppose, each sound would have to 1st before being initially ranked.
This may involve judges to give a fair ranking system so to avoid as if say the sound that was actually the poorest
being ranked higher than they should by a biased larger crowd/following!!

This is something we are looking into.
JudgeDredd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeDredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

This may involve judges to give a fair ranking system so to avoid as if say the sound that was actually the poorest

As long as the judges are established, roots soundsystem owners or from a premier league system.

Many posters on SP think their mate is the heaviest thing they've ever heard, but have never been to big name clash. LOL

Edited by JudgeDredd - 21 October 2011 at 9:00am
"Please inform the Federation, we have engaged the Borg.."
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:13am
Originally posted by JudgeDredd JudgeDredd wrote:

Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

As long as the judges are established, roots soundsystem owners or from a premier league system.

Many posters on SP think their mate is the heaviest thing they've ever heard, but have never been to big name clash. LOL
no way! it would have to be the opposite, just average joe peeps

On entry to the venue everyone gets a piece of paper with the 4 sounds on it, at the end of the night each person ticks off in order who they thought were the best to the worst

when they leave they put the paper in a box then onto excel spreadsheet later etc, then you could start to build up a percentage chart and a ranked system 
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:24am

Mykey, what about if a sound has are larger following and therefore gets more votes even though they really weren't the best?

Edited by Motion54 - 21 October 2011 at 9:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>