Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPEAKER PAINT.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 8:24pm
How is Duratex price in comparison with Tuffcab and Warnex?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2019 at 9:26am
My findings so far with Raptor are good!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
DuratexSupport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuratexSupport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2019 at 12:56pm
Good morning. I did some comparisons on all 3 this morning. TC is $73.27 for a 11# pail and will cover 108-160 square feet of coverage. I could not find if that is one or two coats. Duratex is $68.60 for 9# pail and will cover 80-100 square feet in 2 coats. WX is $224.67 for a 13.2# pail and will cover 97 square feet. I tried to keep the pail sizes close to each other and priced out normal stock prices. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuratexSupport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 2:01pm
Good morning. I located the 120717 retain. After 2 years of sitting in storage it has fallen out of spec. I adjusted the ph level which brought it back into spec. I rolled some out and it seemed to perform normally. What I can't duplicate is the same temperature and humidity. My concern is that it was applied at 60 degrees which is below the recommended application temperature. This may have caused improper curing.  
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 4:05pm
Whats the best way to get finish in the upol? would like to get my new tops painted

Did you undercoat/primer, also how many coats of upol to get decent finish?
cheers

purple monkey dishwasher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuratexSupport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 6:00pm
Good afternoon. Sorry Upol is not my product so I can’t speak educatedly on it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuratexSupport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 6:01pm
Good afternoon. I’m sorry but that is not my product so I can’t speak educatedly on it. 
logsquared1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by DuratexSupport DuratexSupport wrote:

Good morning. I located the 120717 retain. After 2 years of sitting in storage it has fallen out of spec. I adjusted the ph level which brought it back into spec. I rolled some out and it seemed to perform normally. What I can't duplicate is the same temperature and humidity. My concern is that it was applied at 60 degrees which is below the recommended application temperature. This may have caused improper curing.  

The 60 deg was "off the top off my head"  I am sure I followed the application directions when I coated them.  

Also,  I used the remainder of a pail to paint 4 smaller subs.  These were painted in the summer, so def, warmer temp (and probably higher humidity).  They also stuck together on a job.  It was quite embarrassing to have to tip the whole stack over and kick the boxes apart after the gig.  

So, either your paint sucks or my batch was bad.  Maybe my paint was frozen in shipment?  Hard to say.  But if that is the case the supplier should have replaced the bad product.

I have been building and finishing cabs for 25 years.  This is not my first paint job.  

Sadly, I cant recommend this paint if the user ever stacks paint to paint.  If you have nylon skids you will be ok.  
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

Whats the best way to get finish in the upol? would like to get my new tops painted

Did you undercoat/primer, also how many coats of upol to get decent finish?
cheers

No undercover required, the shutz gun you can get with the kit gives a good finish, nice texture...or apply with a roller and do the last coat with an open foam roller. I have tried 2 and 3 coats and not noticed a lot of difference 
MPASOUND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPASOUND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 10:40pm
The gun that comes with Upol Raptor is just fine. By far the best paint I've used so far. Just make sure you have the correct mask if you are spraying as it's toxic stuff! 
It's just bits of paper flapping about in a box.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 9:47am

Good morning. I did some comparisons on all 3 this morning. TC is $73.27 for a 11# pail and will cover 108-160 square feet of coverage. I could not find if that is one or two coats. Duratex is $68.60 for 9# pail and will cover 80-100 square feet in 2 coats. WX is $224.67 for a 13.2# pail and will cover 97 square feet. I tried to keep the pail sizes close to each other and priced out normal stock prices. 

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is "pail"? Can you talk in normal metric language like the whole of the world does?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is "pail"? Can you talk in normal metric language like the whole of the world does?

probably an eigth of a barrel or four gallons LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>