Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans DM2 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2018 at 9:32pm
Truly awesome!
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2018 at 9:34pm
Got to build 2 surely!!
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 2:47am
I only built the one as it’s intended purpose is to use as a drum fill.
However the thought has crossed my mind more than once!
100% Earth Moving Bass
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 4:59am
...or a one box solution for a house party!!! Embarrassed

I know drummers love it loud but surely thats concert level loud(?)

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 5:48am
I like it! Once you get it in use I'm interested how the single 1" keeps up with the rest though... ...it's got a big job!
Don't test the champignon sound
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 7:15am
I assume if you cross the comp as high as you can, it should be able to keep up. 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 8:11am
Let us know how it sounds, fancy building a pair for my factory system :)

GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 6:57pm
Got quite a bit more done today. Finished the speakon input, and did the stipple coat on everything apart from the bottom and the baffle.

Still more to do, but was finished enough to load it and wire up all drivers so....

looks really good!

So temporary wired the amp rack up to it, set up the crossover and fed it some signal.
Got everything dialled in and cranked it up a little bit. A warm fuzzy feeling came over me as everything in the lockup rattled! Couldn’t really wind it up today as the landlord was in next door but it sounds absolutely mint!
It sounds like a stack of speakers rather than just one! Very nice full range sound. The fane CD 150 has no problem Keeping up with everything else. Well pleased so far!
100% Earth Moving Bass
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 7:37pm
Very nice! Reminds me of the Clair Brothers S4. What crossover points are you using?
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 9:21pm
250hz and 3.5khz
100% Earth Moving Bass
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 4:43am
Very nice work! 

Reminds me a bit of a pair Community CSX70's I used to have. Effortless SPL, pretty hard to move around though.
Turn it up! Turn what up?
Markko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 11:41am
Hello, very beautiful, I would like to build two, for my hifi system. I would like to use passive cross-over. Can you tell me where to find the filter scheme? Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>