Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"speakers angled facing" theories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 30 minutes ago at 4:22pm
https://www.pioneerdj.com/de-de/news/2017/pioneer-pro-audio-introduces-the-xy-3b-and-xy-2/

LOL
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 16 minutes ago at 4:36pm
The late windmill tilter did a 8x8", 4 on each side of a V baffle.

He reported a dip in response at around 800Hz, which seemed to correspond with the height of the V, and a standing wave/pathlength difference between bottom and top driver.

However, with that particular Mackie or RCF 4Pro6001,, and Tony's cab, the 8" mid would take over at around 600Hz, so the dip from the V should be out of band, depending on exact dimension.

In truth, that shallow/short a V will work very like a reflex baffle, just in a smaller overall cabinet size, so your volume is small(er) behind driver.

HR has a mode for simulating longer "Offset Driver Horns", think of the bass/mid of a Synergy for example, but that only really shows any contribution when there is a significant length of the side of the V, compared to the size of the driver. So for a 12" driver, the V side wall needs to be at least 36", to get a "Horn" effect, and changing where the driver is in that length from the corner, and volume behind, etc, will all then have an effect.

For the sakes of simulating a typical V baffle, keep to BR sims, and calculate the reduced volume behind the baffle.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 20 minutes ago at 5:32pm
have to disagree to some point there matt, tonys 412 exhibits the dip at about 650ish hz and a boost at around 250ish hz due to the v alignment.. the larger the "chamber" infront of the drivers the lower the boost and dip imo..
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 10 minutes ago at 6:42pm
Here are some of my yesterdays sims:

The driver magnet in the horn actually helps a lot to put the dip outside the needed band.
It seems that in my attempt with very shallow V - I.E. driver magnets inside the baffle, due to dimensions, I would actually need to add some "phaseplug-ish" piece to put some excessive volume caused by the cones shape, out of the horn.... Otherwise I won´t make it:

It´s 11"x11"x20" box. Extremely tiny, and should outdo very good 12"s....
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic