Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakon other brands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speakon other brands
    Posted: 12 June 2016 at 4:57pm
Hi Guys

So are other speakon brands Pulse, HQ etc not worth using?

Don't shout at me I'm a newbie.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 6:04pm
They work but break more easily
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 6:24pm
lately neutrik have been failing on us, we bought around 30 new nl2s last year and within 6 months about 8 of them had the metals clips snapped off.
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 7:07pm
Are they genuine? Where did you get them from? Ebay etc have fakes a plenty. Also NL2 are cheap shite, no excuse not to just buy NL4FX for the lot, preferably the metal cased solder ones with matching sockets on boxes so that they're better in wet weather and more durable.

Edited by toastyghost - 12 June 2016 at 7:07pm
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 7:14pm
Lots of fake and 'copied' neutriks around. If they arent genuine neutrik then I dont think they will work properly. I've seen alot with snapped brass bits, snapped plastic bits, poor compatibility and overheated bits etc. If its on the back of an amp its tough but at least if you buy genuine parts you know they'll be fine. I dont think Neutrik have licensed the design to anyone else, AFAIK.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 10:02pm
Sorry for hijack but I've got to make up some 4 core 2.5mm and 4 core 4mm speaker cables in not too distant future. Debating whether to go mixture of NL4FX and NL4FC (as FX may have problem with 4 core 4mm H07), or whether to just go FC for all. Thoughts and recommendations for best place to buy appreciated. Seems to be big price variances, certainly for FX; £3 to £6!!! Also seems to be difficult to get hold of FC.
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
jerronimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2016 at 7:57pm
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2016 at 10:28pm
use NLT4FX for 4x4mm cable, They really are worth the price
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 12:07am
Proper Amphenol anyday over Neutrik.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 1:25am
djk
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 8:58am
I bought four of these recently: <http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pcs-Red-Color-Speakon-4-Pin-Male-Plug-Compatible-Audio-Cable-Connector-/252138293247>;. I also ordered a couple of the older, twist-lock types.

There are plenty of Speakons on eBay that look like obvious copies, but these look and feel like genuine Neutriks. Whether they perform as well as the Swiss-made ones is another matter. However, a bit of digging revealed that Neutrik have a factory in China, in Ningbo. These say "made in Ningbo" on the label, which is why I thought I'd give them a try.

Of course metal-bodied are always going to be best, but I'm happy with these at less than a pound apiece delivered.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 10:41am
these are fake , obviously

Neutrik owns the brand RANE which they manufacture in China

All speakons are made in Europe

Edited by Mircea Bartic - 15 June 2016 at 10:41am
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>