Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakon other brands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 11:16am
Close. It is REAN, not RANE
Explicit 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 11:33am
I was hoping people would say what other brands of 'speakon style' speaker connectors they use (have tried) and their experience with them, Is everyone really using Neutrik? I think I read on here that Pulse is CPC brand? Would CPC put their name to a bag of shite? The price difference between Neutrik and Pulse is considerable.
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 11:34am
I'm in the amphenol camp. They do connector's with strain relief so that was what sold me.
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

these are fake , obviously

Neutrik owns the brand RANE which they manufacture in China

All speakons are made in Europe

They're not fake because they don't say Neutrik on them.

Do you have some evidence to back up the claim that Speakons are only made in Europe?

imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Explicit 2 Explicit 2 wrote:

I think I read on here that Pulse is CPC brand? Would CPC put their name to a bag of shite? The price difference between Neutrik and Pulse is considerable.

I have seen some terrible products branded as Pulse. I wouldn't touch them.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by stevie stevie wrote:

Do you have some evidence to back up the claim that Speakons are only made in Europe?

They're fake because firstly they are 'Pratt' branded, not neutrik. The ad even says Speakon 'compatible'.

Every single non genuine speakon STYLE connector I have tried has been rubbish. ALL of them have been binned and are all now genuine ONLY purchased from known genuine sources.

Some of the copies are VERY close when you look at them but once the cheap plastic starts snapping and those cheap screws strip out etc, it's just money down the toilet.

They(genuine) are not that expensive, just use the right ones. If you need colour coded speakons, order their coloured rings.

Edited by LunchieTey - 17 June 2016 at 5:23pm
Speaker addict
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by LunchieTey LunchieTey wrote:

Originally posted by stevie stevie wrote:

They're fake because firstly they are 'Pratt' branded, not neutrik. The ad even says Speakon 'compatible'.

Exactly. And that's why they are not fakes. They are not passing themselves off as Neutriks. A fake is a forgery or a counterfeit. If they had the Neutrik brand name on them they would be fakes.

Look, I'm not trying to sell these to anyone. I'm just reporting on my experience on some alternatives to the usual Speakons, which is what this thread is about. They look like a good deal for anyone looking to save a bit of money.
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 10:44pm
Well would you want your last 4 core to snap a plug 5 mins before you need it to save a few $? What would that be worth to you then?

Like I said, I've tried 4 alternatives, some from chain stores, some from ebay(although I haven't tried the amphenol-other amphenol products like XLRs I have used have been excellent) have ALL failed rather quickly. Nothing worse than having to sit with a screwdriver and swap a plug at the last minute. I know this because I have had to do it with a cheapy that snapped AND it was as the event organiser walked by with a disapproving look...
Speaker addict
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2016 at 1:22am
Even on a huge rig, going to clones saves you what, £100? That's not a lot of cash for peace of mind. If it's that tight use bloody banana plugs.
Daddy Culture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daddy Culture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 8:48pm
Hey, I just discovered a chinese brand and they are doing a great work.. better than Neutrik in some points (waterproof, better finishing, doesnt smash the cable like Amphenol) for an affordable price. Its called SREXACT,  follow the link if anyone want to try:
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 6:43am
i've used REAN before, they are decent enough
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:47am
Originally posted by teeth teeth wrote:

i've used REAN before, they are decent enough

REAN is Neutrik’s own budget brand
https://neutrikgroup.com/rean-2/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>