Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spektre double 18" 'scoops'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:08pm
they definitely move air, both playing them and when you first lift them!! 

possibly the heaviest box i've ever thrown around! 
error 404
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:16pm
what are you doing with the 2 that you have sat around paul?
error 404
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:18pm
EDIT:Person who knows the full history of the cabs "Superclick had",  told me,  they are 2x Wembley Blines stuck together, and original builder is Cas from South London.

Possibly explains why Mykey thought they were a "Shortman" design.

Edited by levyte357 - 19 February 2012 at 12:50pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:32pm
hmmmm...  controversial !  i'm with paul on this.. 

Edited by brokenjoe - 19 February 2012 at 12:45pm
error 404
balistic_sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balistic_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:41pm
i wonder how many of these you could bring to GP LOL
Don't underestimate no sound!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

Should state, person who told me, was referring to the cabs "Superclik" had.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

EDIT:Person who knows the full history of the cabs "Superclick had",  told me,  they are 2x Wembley Blines stuck together, and original builder is Cas from South London.

Yep correct, Cas built SupaClick double boxes & also built Saxons 24" doubles, kinder the "same" format..............................

Respect......................... Big smile
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 2:03pm
These used to be mine. They are not transmission line, the closest thing you can liken them too is a double mini scoop because of the layout and folding of the horn but there is negative expansion all over the horn making them, as someone has already said, guess work by the looks of it.

Poll this!
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 2:04pm
Randall - Have you made up a sketch up of the internals yet?
Poll this!
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by brokenjoe brokenjoe wrote:

Should state, person who told me, was referring to the cabs "Superclik" had.

i'll let you off then Wink
error 404
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 3:23pm
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 3:38pm

Well.... I sold four to a dude called 'Errol' in South London in early 2009. There were another six moved from Nottingham, in 2008, to London, possibly South - I'm sure the the name 'Cas' was mentioned regarding these. I'm also quite sure they were not grey carpet covered, they were painted black.... (there is a specific forum member on here who could confirm/deny this.)

Livewire (Bigga) in Birmingham had a number of these cabs, as did Love Express, also from Birmingham (I sold him six). I sold another six brand new and un-used boxes to a further sound in Birmingham who currently have them in storage. Eight went to a geezer in Buckingham, who I then sourced another six for. Four were sold to a guy in Leicester who cut them up into minis. Twelve are still with the guys I was in business with.

There were, in 2007, 100 of these boxes sat on a trailer in a transport yard in the West Midlands, all brand new and unused. I'm unsure of the whereabouts of these now.
The guy who actually did the design work on these particular boxes still builds stuff in Birmingham. They date from 2003(ish).

The plot thickens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>