Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spl 12in subs - WA300-77F

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonagini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spl 12in subs - WA300-77F
    Posted: 23 May 2009 at 10:44am
hi im new to all this

i have two spl 12in subs modle number is - WA300-77F.

can anyone help me,  

1) what would be the best sort of box to use.
2) what would be the best sort of amp to use.

any help please

many thanks 
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 10:17am

id just build a sealed cabinet of about 3-4cubic feet.

for an amp, you want either 2 mono amps that will run at 1ohm (so you use each sub with voice coils wired parallel) 

or you want an amp that gives good power at 2ohm and run the speakers with vc's wired series and then the woofers wired parallel (giving a total of 2ohm)..

personally, id just use a single woofer and a single amp.  never understand the point in running more than one woofer in a car unless you are doing spl comps properly with huge numbers of woofers, amps and power supplies. 
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
Lord Baccus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Baccus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 10:31pm
do you have the T/s for this sub ???
if not your guessing in the dard, i have plans for a Killer Ported enclosure
I FOUND ON THE INTERNET, LOOKS KICK ASS

hope this helps
Thank You for having a Nice Day
loonagini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonagini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 8:32am
hi many thanks for the help with the box,  what do u mean by the Ts for the sub,   im sorry i might sound abit dum,  im new to all this,   i have some info on the subs if that helps,

12 "Subwoofer 200oz magnet * * 3" voice coil * Max power 2000Watt * RMS Power 800Watt * Impedance: Dual 2ohm * Frequency Response: 24Hz - 1200Hz * Chrome plated die cast basket * Cone: Fiber glass laminated non-pressed paper cone with foam surround.

many thanks ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Baccus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 8:59am
t/s is the tecnical data that comes with ea sub
the mechanical specs if you will,
i can plug them into a program called
Bass Box Pro6
and plot a custom box for your sub
based on that data sheet
an example is i.e.

FS 37 hz
Qms 6.3
Vas 3.1 cft
mms 450 g
re 1.9 ohms
Qes .7
SPL 89 db SPL 1w/1m
pdia 400.1 mm
Qts .7
Le .5
BL 16

Edited by Lord Baccus - 30 May 2009 at 8:59am
loonagini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonagini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 9:08am
thanks for getting back to me, i got the subs in with a deal that i done,  not got any paper work with the subs apart from what iv sent you, i have tryed useing a programe like that befor but with no luck,,   i cant find any info on the subs anywhere..     
 many thanks

gaz
j_0_e View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:50pm
these subs are pretty cheap and not worth using, get some better branded subs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Baccus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 5:24pm
try building the boxx i posted for you it looks like a PWK design and he designed the box i use for my 18" sub, i get RAVE reviews from the locals here in Po Dunk Louisiana
even a cheep sub can sound good in if the enclosure is a good design, 
a sub is just a Piston moving back and forth /// causing air to move a cheep sub will play, just wont take a lot of power doing it :)
as suggested you can opt to get a better brand of sub that will take a LOT more power without catching on fire !!! but in a proper enclosure you should be able to have a Great sound even @ lower power levels
i use PAP subs exclussivelly
go to :
i have them custom build ALL my subs as i have OCD and put over 7k on 1 sub

Edited by Lord Baccus - 30 May 2009 at 5:29pm
crystal.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 2:04am
depends what kinda stuff you listen to mate as a rule of thumb go ported for the drops or sealed for the kickSmile
Greenfingaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenfingaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 3:34am
what thickness ply should be used for the box? 18mm? Im thinking of knocking a couple up for the rig...
Peace

Edited by Greenfingaz - 09 February 2013 at 3:36am
Peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply