Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stacks of 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote generalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stacks of 4
    Posted: 17 October 2013 at 11:59am
Looking to upgrade the sound. I am currently running 2 pd154 loaded HD15's on top of 4 PD186's. I need more kick. I want to be able to use the kick section for smaller gigs as a stand alone bass section. How do stacks of 4 HD15's sound on bass duty? 
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2013 at 12:09pm
Probably better looking at an 18" equivalent like the es18 or Usb if yuo want it to be able to cover bass on its own
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2013 at 5:13pm
  I find with Hds that a stack of four is where it starts to get interesting, compared to a pair, you'll obviously have a lot more spl, there is a lot more kick and they will play a bit lower, depending on what music you're playing they may do the job but you still won't get any really low notes out of them.
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2013 at 7:44pm
My first HD's sounded like they played pretty low (can't remember Hz)
Loaded with  'sub' drivers (which are still going strong!)

But yes 4 Hd's will sound pretty good on their own Thumbs Up

No Bass No Fun
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2013 at 8:39pm
  Mine are loaded with Eminence Omegas and they seem to play a fair bit lower than Kappa loaded HDs, I've not knowingly heard PD154 loaded HDs so can't comment there, I have four HD215s and the first time I stacked them all together I was quite impressed by how low they went. Big smile
generalant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote generalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2013 at 11:06pm
ok nice one, now ive just gotta find a couple...
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 6:32pm
  Mine may be for sale soon....Wink
generalant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote generalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 10:04pm
@NJW keep me posted man, good money waitng here in cardiff
 Post Reply Post Reply