Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stacy gets some dirty bottle action!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 9:23pm
Well the photo isn't the best.

But you can see the grain on the wood.

Smile
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 9:58pm
rus,
really, with the number of speakers you have built, im very surprised that you cant tell ply from mdf...
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

During sound check I noticed one of the bins was sounding very ill.

So I stuffed a camera up her folds and just look what I found! Shocked

No damage done though.

Heres a photo of the set up, because I like it.

How the hell did they manage to get the bottle all the way up the whole length of the horn folds, aren't these horn paths 1.6m long?!?! Shocked
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 11:03pm
I guess Rog has been pretty optimistic with 1,6m horn length. Yes you could measure 1,6 meter horn length, but at the same it is possible to actually touch the cone (or at least the suspension) with your hand.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 11:32pm
Nothing wrong with mdf for cab internals as it has better acoustic properties and doesn't need to worry about getting bashed, which is the main reason for using good ply. Would've thought just a bit of paint on it too, but if they don't paint until fully assembled you can understand why. Some manus do a light spray of the horn path before putting the top/side on
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 11:45pm
All of ours have been painted inside, and we've owned 10 of them. Very surprised to see that to be honest.

Oh, and we had this happen to, shortly before Carnival last year. It was only spotted in soundcheck and after two days of loud soca the surround on the driver had come loose. Easily fixed with a touch of impact adhesive though.

Edited by toastyghost - 01 November 2010 at 11:46pm
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 11:56pm
The one I've opened had been thinly painted inside, and it was definitely all ply.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:10am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

rus,
really, with the number of speakers you have built, im very surprised that you cant tell ply from mdf...

hmm do i detect a hint of sarcasm. Smile

usually i can tell the diffrence between the two just fine. just saying what i think it looks like.

and im not saying there is anything wrong with mdf either.

Edited by RUS - 02 November 2010 at 12:12am
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

How the hell did they manage to get the bottle all the way up the whole length of the horn folds, aren't these horn paths 1.6m long?!?! Shocked

I've found a toy matchbox car, and a whole ratchet strap squished up against the cone of an 1850 horn before.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:37am
[QUOTE=toastyghost]

I've found a toy matchbox car squished up against the cone of an 1850 horn before.

dam satnav he must have taken a wrong turn. LOL
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:44am
It's got to be said though that doesn't exactly look like a pro build inside, looks like something i'd make!
4 ohms is for wimps
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:49am
Originally posted by jonminns jonminns wrote:

It's got to be said though that doesn't exactly look like a pro build inside, looks like something i'd make!

umm, I can assure you that these cabinets are very well constructed.

I really don't think there is enough information in that picture to make any sort of judgment on the quality of the build. 

Go troll somewhere else. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>