Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stacy gets some dirty bottle action!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 1:21am
They really are properly built, fully rebated and all. If the insides are left without a paint (which I don't mind a bit), the ply tends to turn into a bit greyer shade from the surface over time, but that's about all there is to it.

How many pro cabs are painted from the inside too?
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 5:16pm
Unpainted ply always looks a bit nasty, but there's no point painting the bits no one will see!
They're well made for sure.

JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 5:57pm
i disagree smiter ... if i was back on the bench my shop foreman would of whacked me round the ear and said " why aint the edges sealed and the rest primed " piss poor if you ask me .. but its a trait most cab manufactureres have .." if you cant see it, it dont matter" attention to detail is everything  and god did i get that drummed into me LOL
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)
Powered by MC2 & XTA
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by JohnnyPyro JohnnyPyro wrote:

i disagree smiter ... if i was back on the bench my shop foreman would of whacked me round the ear and said " why aint the edges sealed and the rest primed " piss poor if you ask me .. but its a trait most cab manufactureres have .." if you cant see it, it dont matter" attention to detail is everything  and god did i get that drummed into me LOL
I'm guessing they don't do it because it doesn't cause problems even when the cabs are old?
Assuming of course that the cabs are made from proper birch ply.

It'd be great if they did do it for that extra percentile of protection, but I'm not sure it's 'piss poor'?

pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 6:35pm
I have personally opened one and it was mostly covered with thin dark color and it was definitely very good quality birch ply.
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Smiter Smiter wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyPyro JohnnyPyro wrote:

I'm guessing they don't do it because it doesn't cause problems even when the cabs are old?
Assuming of course that the cabs are made from proper birch ply.

It'd be great if they did do it for that extra percentile of protection, but I'm not sure it's 'piss poor'?

when you went thru the apprenticeship i did .. anything that wasnt finished was piss poor according to my foreman LOL
sealing cut edges is a basic thing
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)