Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stage monitor (B&C CX10.64)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stage monitor (B&C CX10.64)
    Posted: 21 June 2023 at 8:56am
Hello,

This is my first post here. 
I have been dreaming of building my own PA speakers for years, and recently I started building the CX10.64 (neodymium version) from B&C speakers. (https://www.bcspeakers.com/resources/suggested-designs/). These will be serving as stage monitors for acoustic bands.

I have built one piece so far and I am really amazed by the detailed sound that comes from this little speaker. Right now the speaker is biamped, but obviously the intention is to add a crossover filter. 

To proceed, I have some little questions...

There is a crossover schematic in the building instructions, but this only lists component values. 
I do understand that the coils must have sufficiently thick winding wire for the current and the voltage of the capacitors must be adequate. But I wonder to what extent the choice of components also affects the sound. 
And also, would it make sense to build and compare other filters (linkwitz, bessel, ...)?

B&C's information on damping material is limited, it only recommends using a "good material. Any advice on type of material, thickness...

Thanks for helping me move forward with my project!

Regards,
Johan

Edited by joble - 21 June 2023 at 8:57am
Vlado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2024 at 7:07pm
Are CNC files ok? I send to workshop with CNC and angles which they cut are not ok. I have problem to glue this monitor. Did you finish monitor?
 Post Reply Post Reply