Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Staiper Mini Scooper 18v2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

Recommended drivers?

E.. it is hard question now just on-virtual-model.

Also depending how they are planned to be used (singles,.. stacks.. civil amp. levels, insane amp. levels.
As general  point I'll use "monster drivers" (maybe Turbo 1200, PD1850, Colossus 18-1500..) in larger chamber and more "delicate" units in (maybe PD186, 18TBX100, Colossus 18XB..) small chamber mode. 
But than again depending on planed usage because even less "tough" units may sound nice in big chamber mode if used with reasonable levels from amplifier.

Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 10:07pm
Nice one Thumbs Up
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 1:55pm
i am planning to build 1 of these miniscoopers and load it with sonora p8391
i would use it on 40/90hz with 500w amplifier power, and above i would put an x15 style cab.
if the cab works good, i can build a pair, it would be more than enough for smal parties/dances that require the "roots" look from the boxes.
i guess frequency response and spl would be similar to rhino or other mini scoops (i have never heard a mini, just full size scoops), with low cut off around 40hz and a strong 50hz...

Originally posted by staiper staiper wrote:

Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

Recommended drivers?

E.. it is hard question now just on-virtual-model.

Also depending how they are planned to be used (singles,.. stacks.. civil amp. levels, insane amp. levels.
As general  point I'll use "monster drivers" (maybe Turbo 1200, PD1850, Colossus 18-1500..) in larger chamber and more "delicate" units in (maybe PD186, 18TBX100, Colossus 18XB..) small chamber mode. 
But than again depending on planed usage because even less "tough" units may sound nice in big chamber mode if used with reasonable levels from amplifier.

http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by king david king david wrote:

i guess frequency response and spl would be similar to rhino

[/QUOTE] why not, it's his twin brotherLOL
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 3:11pm
regarding sonora specs....can works better in the v1 with nick burnell mod?
More BR than horny...
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 5:41pm

i am planning to build 1 of these miniscoopers and load it with sonora p8391
i would use it on 40/90hz with 500w amplifier power, and above i would put an x15 style cab.
if the cab works good, i can build a pair, it would be more than enough for smal parties/dances that require the "roots" look from the boxes.
i guess frequency response and spl would be similar to rhino or other mini scoops (i have never heard a mini, just full size scoops), with low cut off around 40hz and a strong 50hz...

Hello king Smile

For sonora p8391 I would go with MS-18MK3 option ..simple, one more panel "B" placed above throat panel "T" (Rhino like) ..

I can place MK3 plans up to make it full and clear for potential builders.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:28pm
i understand...smaller chamber is the result. anyway plan would be nice, just for the record...

i like the easy stacking miniscooper + es18, same dimensions 75x60 , but maybe miniscooper isnt good to play just sub and do the 30-80hz, the hogs would do that, but mini scoop would be perfect for the small size gigs/parties i am doing at the moment, 2 bass bis, 2 midtops...

Edited by king david - 14 January 2010 at 7:09pm
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

regarding sonora specs....can works better in the v1 with nick burnell mod?
More BR than horny...

May look that way too but I'll rather choose to try with small chamber one because of sonora's relatively small xmax (on paper specs - may be just normal decent xmax but conservatively measured i do not know how tough in reality they are) Big smile

staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 11:37pm
..ehh and yes , MK3 (small chamber version) added on first page
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 6:09am
Smile
ahm...........staipe.....

if i had a P.audio driver...........let's say SD18 1000el......were should I put tis one on?

the MK2 or the MK3?

thanks

macweb

and also please . postan hornresp graphs with your said drivers if u may........thank you

Edited by heinrich - 09 April 2010 at 6:19am
.....power is nothing without control....
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 8:23am
From experience with the Mk1, big boy drivers should be OK in Mk2. Double front baffle to be included. Do some bracing from front to rear baffle to take up a little chamber space.

It just is.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 3:45pm

looks good, i wonder how low can 2 or 3 boxes go, 40hz would be good for most applications

All decent mini scoops can do 40hz in singles/pairs. Embarrassed
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>