Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange interference

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 6:44pm
Not yet. So a little update. I grounded the pe15 and the processor together via the earth screws at the back and it did nothing. I then tryed to use the ground lift switch on the processor but that did nothing.. i tryed to earth the pe15 via the screw into a plug via the earth on the same circuit as the processor and still did nothing, even tryed clipping the ground lead on pin one of xlr and it did nothing, if anything this was more noisey... Moving the pe15 away from the processor seems to cure it so i kinda guess its the power supplys interfering! Any more advice would be good as id like to have it sitting under my processor.   Thanks! 
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:01am
Have you ever thought the noise you are getting maybe down to digital noise inside your processor unit rather than the internal power supply ?, could be a possibility.
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 10:53am
OP says it happens when the 2 units are racked close together, so its an interaction between them presumably..

Msoundsystem..  can we have a bit more detail please? How are the units routed together? if you set up the lms and put the rane below it does the problem occur when the rane is powered up? Try like this with no audio connection between the units and report back if poss..
Reverence Sound system

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 11:36am
Is there any change in the interference when their position in the rack order is changed  ??
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 1:18pm
Ok, this is a weird one. Can you 'Bypass' the units? Try that - one at a time - and see what happens. That may give a clue as to where the problem lies.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12