Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuff from the early days!!! - Roger Squires.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrflibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:49pm

I bought the Linearsound Tornado off Ebay as it was the same model as the one I had 20 years ago, nostalgia is a great thing but i'd forgotten how bad it was!  Its now gone to a new home now to make space for more old consoles!  I had a Saxon Centaur as well but thats long gone.

AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 8:30pm
[QUOTE=jbl_man] Ok,here is part 2 of the Squires brochure...enjoy!

I have one of those light chasers top right, in my loft,I'll dig it out and take some pics
[
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 10:27am
If my memory serves me correctly, many of those Squire cabinets contained 12" Fane Disco 80's which seemed to work well enough at the time. Guess we would all be terrified at the thought of taking a show out with so little power these days.
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 11:12am
Yes,i think the Squires cabs,along with Disco supplies both used Fane drivers...and were better than a lot of the cheap ebay chinese speakers around now.

As i said in the Citronic thread,i have used the Avon console with its built in 2 x150w into 4ohms amplifier on a number of occasions,and despite the modest power,it allways seemed adequate...you really would be suprised how loud these are...they are fine for a small hall/wedding/party.
Be seeing you.
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 3:00pm
Yes I can quite believe that. A few months ago we dusted off some old 4560's loaded with JBL K140's that had been in the warehouse for a very long time. They gave a suprisingly good account of themselves & didn't need a heap of power to do so.
Street Sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Street Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 10:32am
Ahh fantastic thread! have seen some gems that I started my djing career on many years ago.

Now the first twin decks I ever used in the late 80's early 90's was a TK Discosound Roadstar.

I know alittle while later (early mid 90's) the guy who owned the disco business back then bought some TK Discosound consoles with twin cd players built inbetween the decks. Does anyone remember these? I would really love too see some pics as they are long gone. They were basically a Roadstar with instead of the cassette deck replaced with twin cd players. The CD players were very simular to a portable CD player, one placed infront of the other inbetween the decks. The CD players had clear lids so you could see the cd's spinning and blue control buttons. They were all integrated into the deck case.

So anyone still got one of these and have any pics?

Love the subject!

Will;)
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 4:50pm
At last, I've managed to find my Citronic DC8 and DP300 dimmer packs, so I nabbed a few pictures to share:

Once Ive dug out all the Pulsar kit, I'll post a few more images

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Street Sounds Street Sounds wrote:

Ahh fantastic thread! have seen some gems that I started my djing career on many years ago.

Now the first twin decks I ever used in the late 80's early 90's was a TK Discosound Roadstar.

I know alittle while later (early mid 90's) the guy who owned the disco business back then bought some TK Discosound consoles with twin cd players built inbetween the decks. Does anyone remember these? I would really love too see some pics as they are long gone. They were basically a Roadstar with instead of the cassette deck replaced with twin cd players. The CD players were very simular to a portable CD player, one placed infront of the other inbetween the decks. The CD players had clear lids so you could see the cd's spinning and blue control buttons. They were all integrated into the deck case.

So anyone still got one of these and have any pics?

Love the subject!

Will;)
I think these decks must have ben modifyed to have cd players   I think TK Discosound finished in the early /mid 1980`s
It could have been one of the consoles with a tape deck between the turntables that was changed to a CD player
A mate of mine had the Citronic Iowa console  (See my pics on the citronic thread) He had a single Technics CD player mounted where the cassette deck was  just fitted nice apparently  
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2010 at 5:15pm
Nice pics there Greg   The Dc8 is just the same as mine   Cant find mine either at the moment
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:02pm
Here is something i found from an old photo,sorry about the quality of this,its from 1979,a stack of "JPS" amplifiers with crossover...apparently JPS were a small firm who hand-built all their stuff,they seemed to vanish after a few years,anyone else hear of them?
Be seeing you.
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 3:58pm

I don’t think JPS were about too long but their products were good and at the time they were (arguably)considered to be a step up from amplifier like the MM AP360 and products by ACE in terms of reliability and build by some.

colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Here is something i found from an old photo,sorry about the quality of this,its from 1979,a stack of "JPS" amplifiers with crossover...apparently JPS were a small firm who hand-built all their stuff,they seemed to vanish after a few years,anyone else hear of them?

Yup! they also did a very nice mixer too!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>