Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summing a signal below 100hz for a dvc woofer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyboy_086 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summing a signal below 100hz for a dvc woofer
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:48pm
Hi all

Just in the process of purchasing a celestion substation 10 for bass duties and it has a dvc woofer inside.

The place were camping has an electric hookup but o don't want to be taking any unnecessary (nic-able) gear, so don't really want to take a an active xo

My question is, is there an easy and cheap way of either passively or actively summing the signal to mono so I can either use a bridged amp/mono amp oor use 2channels of an amp to power it

Have seen some circuits but they talk about a 6db loss, can this be countered by boosting via a pre-amp

Does anyone know of any cheap and power efficient mixers that could do this I.e 2.1?

Also seems that using a dvc woofer as a single stereo speaker is a bad idea due to signals potentially cancelling themselves

And I want to get the most out of it as poss especially as it may get hooked up (eventually) to a small tripath amp for when we bungle it into a car for a park sesh

P.s I'm getting it for £40 should I bother?

Thanks
Danny
 Post Reply Post Reply