Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summoning Punisher owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:23pm
No need for me to borrow some, I'll have a nice fat stack on Infi's :P
greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 6:50pm
Without a doubt up for it.

We have 8 punishers. Were running 6 off a inf 8 mk2 and the other 2 off a c-mark MR3000 (until we get the other 4 and inf). All 4 ohm drivers so kick like f**k.

Located in the forest of dean so only a short drive away

jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 9:21pm
No problems with 3 4ohm drivers a a side ont hat Inf8mk2 then?  I know it's more than happy at 2ohms, but thats taking it that bit further..
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by greedy greedy wrote:

We have 8 punishers. Were running 6 off a inf 8 mk2 and the other 2 off a c-mark MR3000 (until we get the other 4 and inf). All 4 ohm drivers so kick like f**k.

Exactly what I intend to do, got the Infinites and Punishers but no 4 ohm drivers yet!

Jethrocker: it's been discussed before but the horn loading raises impedance, meaning a 4 ohm loaded Punisher gives more of a 5-5.5 ohm load to the amp. So six of them runs just shy of 2 ohm load per channel.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Exactly what I intend to do, got the Infinites and Punishers but no 4 ohm drivers yet!

Jethrocker: it's been discussed before but the horn loading raises impedance, meaning a 4 ohm loaded Punisher gives more of a 5-5.5 ohm load to the amp. So six of them runs just shy of 2 ohm load per channel.

And should sound fat as a very fat c**ts fat mum!
greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 10:01am

Only tried it with 4 punishers at the moment as the other four arent quite ready. (need to pick up those drivers this week charles)

What I will say is when I did run the four off the infinite they sounded amazing, kicked like f**k and the bass sounded excellent. This is my first experience with amps of this calibre and I must say in my eyes it was well worth the money.

Just need to buy a new rack now as the bloody thing hangs out the back of my current one.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 12:27pm

Only tried it with 4 punishers at the moment as the other four arent quite ready. (need to pick up those drivers this week charles)

What I will say is when I did run the four off the infinite they sounded amazing, kicked like f**k and the bass sounded excellent. This is my first experience with amps of this calibre and I must say in my eyes it was well worth the money.

Just need to buy a new rack now as the bloody thing hangs out the back of my current one.

Good to hear, my experience with the Infini 8 Mk2 on our Looney stack was very similar.

On our big rack, the amps are too bloody long to shut the door as well! Good thing we were due some replacements anyway
IAIN RENDLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAIN RENDLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 4:31pm
i might be upfor it, give me a date...
any one interesting in buying my 8 punishers off me.... only want 250 quid for each bin. sold in 2 groups of 4. (so 1000 quid a pop)

may have more punishers by then, so please give me a date.

i can power 8 atm, in a month or so i will get another decent amp. (funds prevailing) so possibly 16.

iain
-=vortex sound systems=-
www.vortexsound.co.uk
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 8:48am
No proper date set yet, the people who can make it happen have lots of stuff going on over summer so venue bookings and such won't be for a while.

Currently aiming for somewhere in Nov/Dec period, so plenty of time for people to stock up.

Iain: Check your PMs please!
IAIN RENDLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAIN RENDLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 8:59am
toasty!!! empty your pm box! :-P
-=vortex sound systems=-
www.vortexsound.co.uk
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 10:38am
Originally posted by IAIN RENDLE IAIN RENDLE wrote:

toasty!!! empty your pm box! :-P

Done! The forum could really do with a little box that warns you on login when you have loads of PMs already, or a bigger quota.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123