Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Bass Horn V.02 by Startec (Quad Acoustics-F)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Bass Horn V.02 by Startec (Quad Acoustics-F)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 46>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 11:56am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

If your only going to build a few then go for the SBH, for shear SPL and controlled low end

if your going to build allot more then go for the hybrid

What ply do you have there, can you get 9ply? you must have a marine ply there?

HDF will weigh a tonne if you build that SBH

i plan to build 8 in all, 4 per side. but momentarily i will build the first 4, then later on the second batch due to my time limitation. yes we do have marine ply here but if i'm not mistaken its only a 6ply with a 3/4 inch thickness. I usually use HDF on my rectangular ported box, love the sound with less vibration... but heavy even a single 18 inch speaker in one bass cab.

xmax

Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
dj-panoramix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:00pm
 a stack of 4 SBH loaded with pd 185O = 111 dB /1w/m from 28 à 11o Hz à - 4dB. 
with 2 ohms 2ooo watts total; it's give 144 dB/1m with a thermic compression under 2 dB.

toxmaxtreme: i say that the mid horn cab will never be a diy project anymore ,startec had take to much time on it to give plan for free and he have put it in his brand. but anyway if you have the plan you will not have the phase plug and the oem speaker to make it work ,and what's 800 euro for a 3way full horn speaker ?? nothing !! it will probably cost you more to build by yourself.

to mikey: i will let you know more as soon as i get more info.

Edited by dj-panoramix - 28 October 2008 at 12:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by dj-panoramix dj-panoramix wrote:

a stack of 4 SBH loaded with pd 185O = 111 dB /1w/m from 28 à 11o Hz à - 4dB. 
with 2 ohms 2ooo watts total; it's give 144 dB/1m with a thermic compression under 2 dB.

toxmaxtreme: i say that the mid horn cab will never be a diy project anymore ,startec had take to much time on it to give plan for free and he have put it in his brand. but anyway if you have the plan you will not have the phase plug and the oem speaker to make it work ,and what's 800 euro for a 3way full horn speaker ?? nothing !! it will probably cost you more to build by yourself.

to mikey: i will let you know more as soon as i get more info.

Many thanks DJ panoramix for clearing the issue...im just one of the hundreds DIY'ers waiting for the plan... but its ok Mr Stratec deserve the credit for his hardwork. 

WhhOW! 800 euro in our country is almost 50,000 pesos and thats a lot of money..Wink
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:19pm
Any link to startecks page?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:38pm
Did a quick google and only found french forums. Hmm....
Away on extended leave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:41pm
no he don't have any webpage sorry. he will probably have soon.

toxmaxextreme: ok it's make a lot of money ,but what will you do with plan if you don't have the speaker (because oem) and the phase plug ?
how many you pay for a 3way full hornloaded of the same quality in your country ?
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:48pm
Wait - is he phase plugging a coaxial driver? If not - where's the compression driver section - I can't see
Away on extended leave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by dj-panoramix dj-panoramix wrote:

no he don't have any webpage sorry. he will probably have soon.

toxmaxextreme: ok it's make a lot of money ,but what will you do with plan if you don't have the speaker (because oem) and the phase plug ?
how many you pay for a 3way full hornloaded of the same quality in your country ?

Smile yeah i got your point mate, it would be still useless, i mean it would not still have the performance and the sound quality as the original design considering it uses an OEM driver and and a dedicated phase plug. 

hmm for a quality 3 way here, that would be much much higher than  800 euro..

will at the moment i will stick to the existing DIY plans here for the midtops.. 

Maximum Excursion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 1:35pm
i will open a new thread to talk about the T12 (3way) ,i think it's better to take this one for the sbh ,not ? can any admin put all message about T12 in the new section (that i will make if)?   wich part of the forum will be the best to post about this non diy 3way project ?

Edited by dj-panoramix - 28 October 2008 at 1:46pm
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 1:47pm
how low would a pair loaded with voids go? would it be worth it?
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 2:12pm
sorry don't know but can ask for hornresp simulation.
i don't think they will go lower than the 1850 or the rcf ,i think you will just have more spl with the 1850 and the void driver.

Edited by dj-panoramix - 28 October 2008 at 2:56pm
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2008 at 6:42pm
i only ask about the v18 because i have a pair
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 46>