Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUPER SCOOP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3faze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPER SCOOP
    Posted: 06 February 2006 at 8:48pm

Has anyone used the SIGMA PRO 18 in the super scoop?

I have 4 of them I would like to put to use.

3faze

IAIN RENDLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAIN RENDLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 8:29am

i dont know much about the sigma. but i know the omega aparently works ok in super scoopers.

-=vortex sound systems=-
www.vortexsound.co.uk
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 10:32am
Had a look at the specs,although I have Omega pro's(600w)in 2 of my scoops,I think they sound better in my old Fane design BR cabs.I also think the sigma's might sound better in a BR cab.One way to find out.......chuck it in a scoop,see how it performs.
"The earth provides enough to satisfy every mans needs...but not every mans greed."
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 3:40pm
I've heard sigmas in a scoop, sound alright but have nowt to compare them to. The power handling aint great though.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 11:56pm

Sigmas have more xmax and xmech than omegas though. But sigmas have 3 inch vc compaired 4 inch vc the omega has.Also omegas have more BL and lower QTS.

Sigma has xmas of 6mm and xmech of 36.45mm, omega has xmax of 4.8mm and xmech of 32mm

So the sigma pro 18 cone can move further before it breaks.

Power handling of new sigmas is 650w rms and they recently have a 120 oz magnet.But still have a 3 inch vc.

Edited by ToXiC - 07 February 2006 at 11:57pm
wanabelouder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanabelouder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 3:57pm
dont no if they work or not but i used b lines in mine and they played awsome! cheap to recone aswell
hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 1:08am

what driver is this ??? see above!!
Is this make of cab the only ones that use that spiders web like design we can see in front? Have or do others use that to?
respect!

Edited by hikk - 01 March 2006 at 1:10am
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 3:23am

that driver is a VOLT

and is what i was just going to recommend in a scoop "spooky"

hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:08am
Is it only volt that uses or has used these cooling vents/fins?
Also why good in a scoops? Would they work in a hoorn?
Who has a link to the prices on their cabs ? got the Volt site but no  prices?!!
respect
IAIN RENDLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAIN RENDLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 4:43am
-=vortex sound systems=-
www.vortexsound.co.uk
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 8:01am
wembley use the 15inch on their spyder mid-tops

http://www.wembleyloudspeaker.com/

hikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 9:19am
Bio respect for the link ! wembley use volt drivers in the cabinetts from what i just read!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>