Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T.rack 4x4 DSP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T.rack 4x4 DSP
    Posted: 09 August 2020 at 2:57pm
Hi is anyone familiar with the software for these? (downloadable here - https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_t.racks_dsp_4x4_mini.htm )

I'm having a play around with it and I can save a setup with the crossovers and routing as I want, but it doesn't seem to save PEQ settings or gain settings. I am saving via the 'file' drop down and then opening again. The 'store' and 'recall' buttons don't seem to work (I do not have the unit itself yet and assumed this was the way files are uploaded but maybe not?) The manual is very minimal regarding this.

Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2020 at 10:34am
Well the user guide mentions "device detection" - so presumably the store and recall functions expect to write and read from EEPROM or some such with the DSP unit .... so if there's been no device enumeration, I'd say its no surprise that the buttons on't do anything - but a error message of some sort could reasobly be expected.

After you receive the unit .... I reckon a few of us in here would be quite interested in the real world 12V current consumption - if you have the wherewithall .... also how well it deals with power dropping off from say 13V down to say 11.5V.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2020 at 2:00pm
I did get the unit. Store and Recall do become properly active once connected up. I didn't have time to check the glitch with the PEQ as I was just doing a preliminary set up so that the end user can swap out his faulty analog unit. I've sent it off to him now so can't check the power consumption although I may get a chance next week as I'll be in the same town as it and the speakers and plan to do a proper set up of the unit when I can actually listen.

I can tell you though that I hooked it up to a random battery to check the DC input cable I'd made up and it ran for 1/2 an hour or so before suddenly squawking and dying, I checked my connections and then put a meter across the battery to discover it was sitting at 6.5V. - now I didn't meter it before hooking it up, and its one of many so may well have missed being recharged after some abuse and  been duff to begin with. Assuming this is the case it seems to have been ok running on not much more than 6.5V...

Edited by imageoven - 13 August 2020 at 2:01pm
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2020 at 11:58am
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

I've sent it off to him now so can't check the power consumption although I may get a chance next week as I'll be in the same town as it

Well this didn't happen.

The user was very happy with the basic set up so he didn't want to bother tweaking at this point.

I think I may buy one myself having played with one though, so if I do I'll make sure I measure the current draw for you Slaz

slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2020 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

I think I may buy one myself having played with one though, so if I do I'll make sure I measure the current draw for you Slaz

Ah - just spotted this ....

Thanks mate - I've got one or two marginal reasons for buying one - but for one of those scenarios the current consumption would be somewhat critical to its viability.
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2020 at 4:47pm
Slaz, I have one if you want to play.
 Post Reply Post Reply