Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tannoy T12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tannoy T12
    Posted: 21 February 2018 at 4:46pm
Anyone know what driver was used for this cab? I´ve tried the Tannoy website and they don´t even list the T12.  Confused

I have seen the number 3142 mentioned somewhere - is that correct? And who would stock them? I´m also after a diaphragm for this - anyone know where they could be found?

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 10:49pm
Lockwood audio have diaphragms for most Tannoy duals. They will almost certainly know which driver it is and most likely have it in stock...... but don't expect it to be cheap.

http://www.lockwoodaudio.co.uk/tannoy.htm

Edited by markie - 21 February 2018 at 10:54pm
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 2:04pm
Ok, thanks - I´ll drop them a line.

Some of the Tannoy stuff is stupidly priced.

I found this:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/090800-Tannoy-8001-0220

which looks similar (I don´t actually have the T12 cab here yet - just some photos).

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 2:54pm
In my experience, mostly with Tannoy VXXi range, Fane paperwork and diaphragms. So you can get parts from any of the usual suspects that stock that stuff, or Fane themselves, pro-forma.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 3:00pm
I have a load of T12s and have made a habit of buying up boxes and part blown drivers on ebay. The I12s use the same drivers and I bought 4 for peanuts and made 2 good drivers. The boxes aren't much good outside of instals. There are some i12s listed atm but most are over-priced. You sometimes find recone kits/diaphragms listed as well but they aren't cheap. 
Down with signatures!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

In my experience, mostly with Tannoy VXXi range, Fane paperwork and diaphragms. So you can get parts from any of the usual suspects that stock that stuff, or Fane themselves, pro-forma.

Ok, thanks - I´ll take a look at that.

Lockwood had nothing. I took the opportunity to ask about spares for my Golds and even those where 'obsolete'. A bit worrying.  Cry

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 9:39am
The problem you may face, was the last time I spoke to Tannoy, was pre Music Group involvement. Good luck now.

However, Fane were helpful, and still have a UK contact details.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 2:56pm
Well, just received a mail from someone at Music Group asking for more details, eg. serial number, etc. And still waiting for the owner to drop off the cabinet. Mañana, mañana, guy...   Wink

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
cooky1257 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooky1257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 11:56am
On another forum I posted I thought the HF on the PowerDual was a Celestion cd150-...I meant to say Fane CD150

Frank
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by cooky1257 cooky1257 wrote:

On another forum I posted I thought the HF on the PowerDual was a Celestion cd150-...I meant to say Fane CD150

Frank
I am sure it was something similar in the V15i I have been messing with over the last few years!
cooky1257 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooky1257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 12:25pm
I see now the OP says its a T12 rather than the V12 cab so the driver in that uses a tulip waveguide and the 33mm HF dias are common across the CPA/I12/ DMT/some Prestige ranges for 12" and 15"s....7900 0199.
Same waveguide in the new Legacy range so perhaps they are holding back stock as they roll them out...

Edited by cooky1257 - 26 February 2018 at 12:56pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 6:02pm
Ok, just heard back from The Group and no diaphragm, but they can supply a whole new driver at quite a good price. Apparently the same as the VX12 driver:

"We no longer hold any more stock for the discontinued T12, but we have recently started to re-manufacture the VX12, which uses the same HF Driver as the T12. There may be some cosmetic differences though, but the sound and the fitting are a match. 
I've attached a service bulletin which will apply to the T12 regarding the HF Driver, but please note we currently only supply the whole Dual Concentric Driver (This is what I've quoted you)."

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>