Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Techno

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Techno
    Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:23pm
I'm building my first rig and planning to play predominantly techno an i don't know much, I'm hoping someone could tell me what the best shape cabinet plan to go for... Preferably a dual cabinet with 18" drivers
Thanks anyway

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:51pm
have you got any speakers already?

a double 18" cabinet will only be a bass bin.. (sorry if this is obvious but you haven't given much info on anything else yet.)
SkinnyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 9:33am
No speakers at the moment and it's just the bass bins I'm wanting to build, most builds I have seen are recommended for dub music but I want to play something harder, being a bass heavy system I'm planning on building the bins and working from there on the rig, sorry for the lack of info as I have a lack of knowledge, would a dual reflex cabinet be worth building or should I build something a little more complex?
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 2:23pm
If I was doing a techno rig I'd go for a big stack of band pass horns ie hd15s, es18s or USBs
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 2:37pm
What would be ideal depends on your budget and how big the crowd will be.

Are you planning on buying tops? Or will you make everything yourself? If you are going to buy the tops, I'd first look for tops that suit your needs, and then build subs to go with them, not the other way around.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 3:24pm
What about a big ole pile of 1850 horns? Seems to be a tried and tested method

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
SkinnyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 9:51pm
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the advice! I plan on buying everything pice by peice but the bins built myself. just to go in a little deeper, I'm hoping to throw the rig up at raves/free party's that are already crowds of about 300 so I know it needs to be a strong build

Thanks!!
Claer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 4:28pm
Horns or transmission lines for techno
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 10:00am
I would do even Tapped horns. ANY horns :-) These will give you most output for piece of the driver where you need it. Plans and parameters are out there in the internet. You might want to make some test bins to more understand the inner working and mainly your liking of the performance aspects of chosen types...
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply