Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TH-18 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russellsoundsolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Qsc pl380 powering them 4 Ohm.
3 weeks and then I can use them to their full potential.

What drivers did you use? 

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:00pm
18sw115-4
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 9:12am
For the DE800 I think it is wise to use a capacitor to protect it from DC-voltage (if it happens).
Are there any specific types used for this application?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 3:00pm
Update: The current set-up is likely to be powered by litemod modules (with DSP ofcourse).
So the current amprack is up for sale.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2018 at 1:52pm
And another update LOL

The current top cabinets will be replaced with new ones.
With larger internal volume, and more port area.
Also a beefier low/mid driver (probably MB12N405), high driver probably a ND950 (1.4) or maybe a BMS coax, on a HF950 horn.

They will be weighing more, but I hope to keep it under 27 Kg's.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 3:07pm
So I'm working on the new boxes, and I thought this also was the good oppertunity to paint the TH-18 cabs differently. I'm planning on spraying the warnex instead of doing it with a roller.

I see a lot of those airles spraygun things, and I was wodering if this would work with warnex.
Or that I just buy a compressor with a spraying gun. The goal is to get the nice pro splatter finish.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 6:33pm
My experience of airless sprayers is that they will not siphon thick heavy paint,  i do have one that is sold as a plaster sprayer but it is hard to get a consistent texture with it.  I would say buy a compressor and pressure pot and gun.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2018 at 1:59pm
Compressor with pressure por and gun it is then!

The new cabs are almost finished, again cnc cutting which saves me a lot of time.

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 12:49am
Another update!

Low/mid will be the BMS 12N803, mid/high --> BMS 4594 on the RCF HF950.
Total weight of one cab would be +-25 kg (powered).

Also much bigger port area then the last build, almost 300% more.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 12:25pm
So I sold the TH-18 cabinets Shocked and stopped the build of the new top cabinets..
I bought a secondhand "D&B C7" like system, it uses a hornloaded 15" and a BMS 4554 coaxialy mounted as mid/high. And Hybrid subs for the bass section, it's design looks like the acoustic line TSE sub, but is a bit bigger (they also go lower). 
I'm currently using two crown I-tech 4000's for the setup, they are both checked and services by crown, so I'm not afraid for failure.

i'm planning on using the DIY mid/highs for the summer (and probably a bit longer).
Also a pic of them with the new grill:

Why did I sell the TH18's? They did not really suit my needs, most of the gigs are not that big, and two smaller subs would suffice. Also when it gets bigger, the current setup would not be capable enough (now it is).
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:06pm
Before starting a whole new topic..
I currently started testing (and doing some measurements) with the new set up, I'm now confronted with a new problem Shocked 

Set up:
4X Hybrid sub
2X C7 like top

Today I did some testing and managed to do a few measurements (with REW).
Between 600 and 1kHz there is clearly some trouble, there are also about 3 phase wraps at that point.
I self think this problem is caused by the rather big horn on de compression driver (BMS 4554 and XR1464). Low-mid is covered by a BMS 15S320. At this pic there is some EQ on the setup, I was stupid enough to NOT save the other measurements, but they al have the same problem at the give frequency.

Distance from cabinet: 2m
Hight of measurement: ~1,70m (stacked on two subs)

I know this one pic is not really usefull to get some conclusions, but maybe somebody already encountered this problem.

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:09pm
..standing waves for the box shaped room you're in?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>