Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAM 12 - a compact 12" TH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2016 at 2:58pm
the lab 12.... my reply speed was so sloow it jumped a few posts and looked random lol.

he said the lab12 was a no go and utter s##t.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2016 at 3:44pm
Yes probably that's true, it's not muich of a horn driver actually in the usual way, try a sim:-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
JOEDL1509 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOEDL1509 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2016 at 12:12pm
good day all,

Please can someone help me with a cutting list for the THAM12

In 2013 I built a pair of THAM12's & loaded it with the Faital Pro 12HP1010 & fed them with an iNuke6000. They are used for mobile disco application...were intended for smaller functions but they have been performing so well I actually have used them for bigger gigs as well. I honestly have shocked many a sound junkies with the compactness and sound output with these small little buggers.

I now bought another pair of 12HP1010's so for bigger gigs I will use all 4 THAM's. However I seem to have lost my original cutting list.

I am only able to get 18mm ply, so please can someone help me with a cutting list for the THAM12's
guyfeld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guyfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 7:34am
Originally posted by JOEDL1509 JOEDL1509 wrote:

good day all,

Please can someone help me with a cutting list for the THAM12

In 2013 I built a pair of THAM12's & loaded it with the Faital Pro 12HP1010 & fed them with an iNuke6000. They are used for mobile disco application...were intended for smaller functions but they have been performing so well I actually have used them for bigger gigs as well. I honestly have shocked many a sound junkies with the compactness and sound output with these small little buggers.

I now bought another pair of 12HP1010's so for bigger gigs I will use all 4 THAM's. However I seem to have lost my original cutting list.

I am only able to get 18mm ply, so please can someone help me with a cutting list for the THAM12's
Hey there, I just joined the forum and saw your old post. I'm also in S Africa but in C Town area. I've been thinking of Replacing my DB technologies sub15d active sub and building at least one Tham12 with the faital 12hp1010 which is on a special at the moment for around R2800. (powered by a Synq 1k0 100w amp)
You are using yours for DJ? I am a Live performance solo musician(gtr, kbds, vox, backtrax) and am looking at a single compact 12 sub carryable with one hand. How much does yours weigh? Also, how high does it go without sounding bad..150hz?Would you say the response is smooth enough? Do you find you need to use dsp like a Behringer deq2496?
And the wood thickness..did you go for 18mm/15mm? Did you use birch or pine ply?
Did you manage to get a cutting list?
Thank in advanceSmile

wakemasia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemasia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:19am
Thank you very much for this awesome desing, martinsson! I just finished building them and am already amazed by these little beasts.
Here are a couple of pictures https://forum.speakerplans.com/tham12-custom-amplifier-build_topic103754.html

Thanks again!
Cheers from middle europe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic